PDA

View Full Version : no access to duo recordings from other boxes

cactikid
07-09-14, 23:35
something strange i cannot put my finger on as i cannot access my recordings from other boxes running apollo 24,samba is enabled duo was mounted and when i retry again i get an error,was there a green tick when hard drive was mounted correctly as i dont have that either.
one other thing unknown if linked or not lost my second tuner as my recordings are not recorded,had work done on roof so unsure if cable was lost
removed.got a samba log of duo.

dont tell me reflash again lol.

nsw9154
08-09-14, 00:37
That dose seem strange mate are the boxes connected through Ethernet cables or wifi

judge
08-09-14, 00:45
something strange i cannot put my finger on as i cannot access my recordings from other boxes running apollo 24,samba is enabled duo was mounted and when i retry again i get an error,was there a green tick when hard drive was mounted correctly as i dont have that either.

How are the drives mounted? CIFS, SAMBA, NFS & what format is the mount?

cactikid
08-09-14, 00:48
all by cables dont use wifi,and another issue i found is when doing recordings via weekly on the one program its listed twice and not the first time either other programs can come up twice lol.note rte2 hd has 2 time settings:eek::confused:

rechecking duo hdd it says cifs with a red x,trying mount using autofs,checking file system as i dont see ext 3-4 now

judge
08-09-14, 00:53
all by cables dont use wifi,and another issue i found is when doing recordings via weekly on the one program its listed twice and not the first time either other programs can come up twice lol.note rte2 hd has 2 time settings:eek::confused:

You do realise that doesn't anser the question & also makes no sense. right?

cactikid
08-09-14, 01:07
your post was not there when i answered lol,but i added to it above,still checking file system

cactikid
08-09-14, 01:49
green tick now in duo cifs mount and samba still running,but no luck in getting solo to see duo hdd,going to check other box to see if it conects:confused:no idea why i cannot see ext 3-4 on hdd or usb now?

Jackpizzott
08-09-14, 19:02
Hi
I posted about this very issue over a few days myself, it wasn't the most heavily subscribed thread with only me posting!

All I could deduce was that the samba plugin doesn't work with these newer versions of vix (since Apollo 25)
To get around this issue, I used NFS to connect to my nas, this worked perfectly.
Have you tried installing NFS on both your boxes and going through the network browser?
This was the only way I could get it to work.

HTH

JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackpizzott
08-09-14, 19:05
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=40287
Is the link to the other thread in case this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cactikid
08-09-14, 20:43
last box flashed was my solo2 and not got around to setting it up again,set it back up like i used to do and it found the duo without a problem using samba.not got my solo working yet either and it was that same message i got also.not tried the nfs yet

cactikid
10-09-14, 22:23
ok solo flashed to a apollo 30 and still that same error message:mad:samba enabled,swap file running and duo harddisk mounted as cifs.
max digital on apollo 03 now cannot connect to duo harddisk,samba enabled,also mouted as cifs.
solo2 on apollo 24 connects to duo with same settings:confused:

all boxes hard wired and rebooted along with router been reset.:confused::confused:

Larry-G
10-09-14, 22:31
Samba is not Included in the image any more but has to be downloaded from the feeds. If the feeds are down it won't install when you click on the samba header in the network setup pages.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

cactikid
10-09-14, 22:43
since when curious as with the early image on max digital is 03,strange it always took a while for samba to run and when checked it says running??? or enabled.will check it again lol.

Larry-G
10-09-14, 22:55
since when curious as with the early image on max digital is 03,strange it always took a while for samba to run and when checked it says running??? or enabled.will check it again lol.

samba was removed from the base image in the mid ViX 3.0 image range, so well over a year ago. we left the header in place so when you click on it, it gives you the option to install it from the feeds (the same is true of NFS and other network features). so if the feeds are down or you have no network connection, you simply wont be able to install samba (unless you already installed it at a earlier time).

cactikid
10-09-14, 23:02
i never got the option to download from feeds,presume you mean plugin feeds as i cant see it listed there either,is it called something else i overlooked?

Larry-G
10-09-14, 23:04
By default samba is not installed, so for example you do a fresh flash without a settings backup. when you go to the menu section and click on samba it will ask you to install it, you click on yes and samba is downloaded and installed. you dont have to go to the plugin feeds it does it rite in the network setup section. This has been the case for well over a year now.

cactikid
10-09-14, 23:12
is that why i have this?

ah ok as i never saw it actually say dowloading it was doing it automatically,bit lost to where my issue is lol.

Larry-G
10-09-14, 23:15
No idea mate, if samba is running on your receiver, it must have been installed at some time.

I only pointed this out as I believe the feeds are still down while we test some thing (not checked as I am at work so I could be wrong there), any hoo, if the feeds are down you wont be able to install samba until they are back up again.

cactikid
10-09-14, 23:25
samba is running on all boxes,must nearly be finished eating your birthday cake:thumbsup::D