PDA

View Full Version : No Audio Now through HDMI on Solo2 box

groove_timer
07-09-14, 14:19
Hi,

Last night was watching something via airplay on my TV. Basically only have 1 HDMI cable and switch it between my Solo2 box and Apple TV. Being doing this routine for about 18months. Anyway's after finishing with the ATV, I took the HDMI cable out and Plugged it back into my Solo2 box. When I did this last night I noticed No Audio on any channels. I tried changing the A/V settings for Bypass HDMI EDID Check and switching to an SD channel on startup but still no audio.
So I was on v 3.0.808, so decided to upgrade to the latest build Apollo 029, as read that it would contain the latest Audio drivers for the VU Solo2 box, as i believe this Audio issue is a known issue. Just don't understand why it's happening now:(
I can only get the audio to work by using the SCART output. Have also changed the HDMI cable but still no sound via HDMI source:(
Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

DaMacFunkin
07-09-14, 14:38
Go back to 808 and do a settings restore, your audio should now ping back to life, now either stay on 808 or upgrade to Apollo 029 but always keep a recent settings restore handy, when it happens on my solo2 a settings restore is the only thing that brings it back.

groove_timer
07-09-14, 15:29
Hi DaMacFunkin,

Thanks for the reply.
I restored back to 808 but when I try and restore any of my saved settings it's saying sorry feeds are down for maintenance, Please try again later. So I tried updating back to Apollo 029 and restoring my settings but getting sorry, but the file is not compatible with this image.

Don't understand why the audio decided to break y'day, since I haven't done anything on this box since March:(

Sicilian
07-09-14, 15:56
Build 808 is not longer supported and feeds have been removed.

groove_timer
07-09-14, 20:05
Ok thanks Sicillian. So does this mean I'm stuck with no audio through HDMI?:(
DaMacFunkin, Have you tried a restore recently? Just curious if you can get it working?
Thanks

groove_timer
08-09-14, 16:31
Going to try and put the original Solo2 image from VU+ back on and see if this fixes the problem.

Larry-G
08-09-14, 16:46
If you want to continue using OpenViX 3.0 (or any older ViX image) you will have to do a total fresh flash and setup, because with the feeds no longer there you will no longer be able to use the backup manager to restore a previous settings backup nor will you be able to download plugins etc from the feeds.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

groove_timer
08-09-14, 19:59
Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for the reply. Not sure If I've understood correctly but I thought I had attempted a total fresh flash and setup.
I got an old 808 zip image from here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39979-Switching-from-VIX-3-0-to-OpenVIX-Apollo&p=307437&viewfull=1#post307437

and then Flashed it onto the box and then ran through the setup. I think I did this and still got no audio and that's when I then tried to restore from one of my backups. Can you let me know if I'm doing something daft?

Thanks

groove_timer
08-09-14, 21:22
I've got it working with BlackHole v2.1.0 Going to try and re-install latest Apollo and see if it works as well.

groove_timer
09-09-14, 08:08
Sorted. After putting on Blackhole the audio came back to life. I have now put on Apollo 030 and it's still working.
Have no idea what caused this and why it seemed to disable the audio in the first place:confused:

delahmed
09-09-14, 23:58
i have noticed on my solo2 using openvix that if i turn the tv on first and then boot the solo2 from deep standby, audio is fine.

however if i start the solo2 first from stand by whilst tv is off, and then turn the tv on once solo2 has booted, there is no audio. i have to restart the solo2 again to get the audio to work....

groove_timer
10-09-14, 21:31
Something weird is definitely happening. It's like the Audio driver is stuck or not responsive. Though no matter what I did with restarting the box and resetting the image that was on, nothing seemed to work. Like DaMacFunkin, I had to put a new image on, though mine only worked with blackhole:confused:

Alec
10-09-14, 21:58
i have noticed on my solo2 using openvix that if i turn the tv on first and then boot the solo2 from deep standby, audio is fine.

however if i start the solo2 first from stand by whilst tv is off, and then turn the tv on once solo2 has booted, there is no audio. i have to restart the solo2 again to get the audio to work....

With my old TV if I put it on before the amp or sat box, the HDMI sometimes did not work properly. It has to handshake before it will work. If for some reason this handshake does not take place, the equipment has to be reset.