PDA

View Full Version : a/v settings & visual enhansment settings, anyone got thiers set yet and kept a note

BRAVEHEART
23-11-10, 18:54
i started messing with mines tonight and now i dont think the picture is as good as it was, but i never kept notes of what i was changing and by how much i was chaning it with, plus then you have the tv visual settings to contend with too, i'm a bit confused with it all, i'm really hoping someones been through all this and kept notes to give the best piture ?

p.s, i'am talking about the settings that actually do somethings whorthwhile, not the ones that appear to do nuffin.

bassethound
23-11-10, 19:04
You will never get a perfect picture on your tv its the impossible dream

What you persive as a perfect picture to you can be completely different to the person sat next to you watching the same thing as you

The picture is affected by to many different variables ie lighting/time of day/the quality of broadcasts/age of person watching/

BRAVEHEART
23-11-10, 19:17
yea i know mate, lets base it on a good quality HD footy game then and on a good tv like mines the panny G10. just trying to see if everyone has basically got the same settings or if there is actually settings that make a big difference, know what i'm sayin

just the main settings i'm on about, not them all, not unlesss theres one thats a magical one that does amazing tricks, lol.

i bet we'r all sittting with the same main settings, bet ya ?

bob1
23-11-10, 19:44
I have always left mine on default settings ,i had a play once and to my eyes it never looked any better, just different or worse.

Maxwell
23-11-10, 19:49
and on a good tv like mines the panny G10.

And who told you that then ? :roflmao:

unlesss theres one thats a magical one that does amazing tricks, lol.

There is for TV's its called THX Cinema mode :D

i bet we'r all sittting with the same main settings, bet ya ?

Nope :cool:

rob76
23-11-10, 19:59
If you want to calibrate your tv properly then you need to look at some tool like the Eye One Display 2. It is expensive though at around £120 and your TV will need to have been run in with at least 200hrs usage. I got the Panny V20 and am waiting for those 200hrs so I'll take the plunge.

BRAVEHEART
23-11-10, 21:37
theres a setting you just press to return all the settings to default on on the duo, i used that, and i thing that sets everything to 128 then you can adjust if required, i just left it alone and set my tv visual settiings to dynamic, WOW, what a difference it makes man, bright as fook.