PDA

View Full Version : OnDemand Freezing

Gavil
06-09-14, 13:49
Can some one test the ITV player im getting freezing every 4-5 minutes which results in black screen. This results in having to completly restart the stream from the begining and shuffle forward to were is froze. I tested the BBCI player in HD quality and that has no problems. The OnDemand i take it is the latest build downloaded from plugins extensions menu. I have re installed OnDemand just incase after deleting the old files first.

Build Vix Apollo 029
Kernel 3.14.2

wambam
07-09-14, 15:03
Yes it's the same for me.

mcquaim
07-09-14, 15:30
A few questions:

1. Are you based in the UK or outside?
2. If you are outside then what service do you use to allow you to play the UK streams?
3. Is the issue only ITV? (I know you said BBC is fine but what about TV3?)

nsw9154
07-09-14, 16:56
just tested it on my LX3 and ITV Player only runs for about 4mins like Gavil said tried it a few times with difference programs but still the same, although BBC I Player runs perfect

mcquaim
07-09-14, 17:47
It can't really be an OnDemand issue though as the code to play the actual streams is the same for all the players.. The stream from ITV must be stopping after a few minutes..

I thought that perhaps if the OP was using a DNS service perhaps the issue was with them..

Anything in the debug logs?

nsw9154
07-09-14, 18:47
I also tried 3Player and that worked fine I watched a full 1 hour program, it must be with ITV's feeds mind you ABC iView wold not work and RTE Player played some programs then Locked my Duo2 up I have just had to switch it off at the back :eek::rolleyes:

I did not bother trying 4oD as I could not be bothered to type any thing in, plus I could not think of any programs that I never watch on it :roflmao:

pooface
07-09-14, 19:50
Itv playerworked perfect last week for me... gonna try it soon, as missus didn't set a recording for corro... so will have it in the neck if it doesn't work [emoji16][emoji16] lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

mcquaim
07-09-14, 20:27
I also tried 3Player and that worked fine I watched a full 1 hour program, it must be with ITV's feeds mind you ABC iView wold not work and RTE Player played some programs then Locked my Duo2 up I have just had to switch it off at the back :eek::rolleyes:

I did not bother trying 4oD as I could not be bothered to type any thing in, plus I could not think of any programs that I never watch on it :roflmao:

ABC iView is only for Oz and 4OD no longer works as CH4 have removed the feeds.. Only a subset of the RTE programmes should play but it shouldn't lock up the receiver. Post any logs if you get issues and I will take a look.

Since the demise of TUNLR I don't use the UK players anymore as I couldn't justify paying for a DNS service when I rarely watch them.. It will be difficult for me to test them..

pooface
07-09-14, 21:21
Itv player worked perfect for me tonight watching corro...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

nsw9154
07-09-14, 21:31
Funnily enough RTE Player seems to be working ok now tried about 6 programs and it has not locked my Duo2 up this time, Strange as I got the spinning vix sign for about 5mins and had to reboot :confused: not to worry as I don't think I will be using it as I mainly use the BBC I Player

I Did get a crash log but it was combined with about 6 that I had from an old ABM problem that I sorted so I Deleted it :o

just seen your post pooface I will check it on my Duo2 as the problem was initially with the LX3

Larry-G
07-09-14, 21:37
ITV player is not working properly here on my solo2 running Apollo build 030, have not tried the Iplayer etc yet though.
(plays for about three minutes then kicks back out to the episode menu (tried with a episode of ax men)).

nsw9154
07-09-14, 21:50
Same here pheonix I tried it again with my Duo2 after I saw pooface's post runs for about 2 minutes then stops it just about got through the opening sequence of the Touring cars from Croft

Gavil
08-09-14, 00:10
Im Based in uk, BBC iplayer had no problems, i didn't try TV3.

mcquaim
08-09-14, 07:36
Can someone post a debug log to see if any issue can be spotted..