PDA

View Full Version : Changing from Blackhole to Open Vix

Satdumbum
06-09-14, 12:53
Can someone please tell me if any preparation is needed to flash new image? For instance should i reset to factory defaults? wipe any files on hard drive? Of course i will save channel list (if i can stop dreambox edit from crashing every 2 mins) - anything else? Thanks in advance, btw original Vu box from sponsor W of S.

Hope its right - i posted here as seemed more appropriate than vix specific support as i'm not yet running a vix image.

Larry-G
06-09-14, 13:36
There is no need to perform a factory reset as the process of flashing the image wipes the old one first, and neither a factory reset nor flashing a new image will wipe your HDD. The important thing is to backup all files you may need such as your cam configuration files before flashing the new image.

Satdumbum
07-09-14, 22:26
Brilliant. Thank you Phoenix it's exactly as I thought. Vix here I Come!

s31teg
08-09-14, 09:59
Can someone please tell me if any preparation is needed to flash new image? For instance should i reset to factory defaults? wipe any files on hard drive? Of course i will save channel list (if i can stop dreambox edit from crashing every 2 mins) - anything else? Thanks in advance, btw original Vu box from sponsor W of S.

Hope its right - i posted here as seemed more appropriate than vix specific support as i'm not yet running a vix image.

Also, you might be able to dump dreamboxedit and use Auto Bouquet Maker if using 28.8E or other compatible feed