PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-C] ABM Timeout for tuner lock

messimagician
06-09-14, 11:36
I purchased a MB premium twin a couple of weeks a go and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the AutoBoutiquetsMaker to scan channels, It just timesout with Tuner Lock. I have two DVB-C tuners but only have one cable going into Tuner A, no loop. In the ABM provider settings I have the correct area Manchester 2 for my provider Vermin, I know this because i've checked it against my own Tivo box.

In the Tuner configuration I have both tuners enabled and both set to DVB-C, Network ID is set on both to 41066 and Used service scan set to provider
with Vermin (6952)

If I do an automated service scan it will find over 500+ channels fine, but as soon as I try to scan using ABM it finds nothing and times out.
The box was purchased from WOS with VIX Apollo v0.24, I have tried upgrading this to the latest 0.29 and i'm still having the same problem with a fresh install.

I'm sure I read a post on here that you need to know your frequency when scanning vermin channels, I'm just going by the provider settings already on the image since this only wants to know your Area or network ID, When I do an auto scan it finds 10 + ITV1 and BBC channels of all the same channel but in different regions, I thought the whole point of the network ID was that it would only find your region only. Do you need to do a manual scan and use the frequency numbers on the TIVO box to get a more accurate channel list and is there a guide for this ?

Can someone shed some light on any of this or am I over looking something obvious ?

Thanks

judge
06-09-14, 11:55
I have two DVB-C tuners but only have one cable going into Tuner A, no loop.

In the Tuner configuration I have both tuners enabled and both set to DVB-C

Setting both tuners up as if they both have feeds when one doesn't.

abu baniaz
06-09-14, 12:51
Your tuner configuration must match what is actually connected to them. ABM is trying to scan from tuner D, there is nothing connected, hence the time out.

Unlike satellite, on DVB-C and DVB-T you can split the cable or use one of the loop through cables as pictured. If you have not got a cable, disable the tuner or configure it as "loop through" (which will use software loop through. You limited to what other tuner is locked to)

Peterj
06-09-14, 12:52
You must connect the last tuner. ABM always uses the last tuner of the same type.
Or connect cable to the last dvb-c Tuner.

messimagician
06-09-14, 12:53
It does not seem to make any difference, i have disabled Tuner B and it still wont find channels with ABM

messimagician
06-09-14, 12:56
Ok, I will try connecting the feed to Tuner B, I did think about doing that before but didn't think it would have made any difference

Peterj
06-09-14, 12:56
It does not seem to make any difference, i have disabled Tuner B and it still wont find channels with ABM
disable doesn't help. ABM is ignoring that.

messimagician
06-09-14, 13:07
Thank you, it worked!!! this problem as had me scratching my head for days. I can't believe something as simple as switching the feed cable to tuner B got it to work haha

Thanks again :thumbsup: