PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vu duo CCcam.cfg config error

kishan333
05-09-14, 17:59
hi guys,

when i try to activate CCcam 2.3.0 after i get a message saying no config files.

on dcc when i go into var/etc and try add the CCcam.cfg file it does not move to etc.

please help as i do not know what to do.

when i try to re add enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel and install, when it asks to restart gui and i click yes the black screen which says software problem encountered shows up and it does not install.

timofee
06-09-14, 08:35
Two different problems.

1/ The CCcam.cfg goes into /etc/ - not /var/etc

2/ You should be able to install cccam from the Plugin menus - just follow the instructions. I suggest you delete the cccam you have already installed (if any) and start again from the plugin menu. Report what happens

kishan333
06-09-14, 13:13
Two different problems.

1/ The CCcam.cfg goes into /etc/ - not /var/etc

2/ You should be able to install cccam from the Plugin menus - just follow the instructions. I suggest you delete the cccam you have already installed (if any) and start again from the plugin menu. Report what happens

hi mate thanks for the reply, i tried them both and same thing happens when i go into etc.

do you mean softcam manager and stop the current one which is active?

abu baniaz
06-09-14, 13:19
use this

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

kishan333
06-09-14, 13:21
use this

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

what would this do mate?

bellejt
06-09-14, 13:36
why not move/copy your cccam.cfg to your PC an then move back to /etc on the box.I always copy the cfg from PC to box if necessairy.Do not forget to delete it in var/etc.

kishan333
06-09-14, 13:42
why not move/copy your cccam.cfg to your PC an then move back to /etc on the box.I always copy the cfg from PC to box if necessairy.Do not forget to delete it in var/etc.

hi i have done that several times but it just does not transfer.

timofee
06-09-14, 13:50
You have two threads open - that's not really helpful to you.

1/ If you can see cccam in the softcam manager it is running ok - don't know why you posted about a problem above

2/ Your problem seems to be that you can't get the cfg file copied into the /etc/ folder in your VU Duo. Lots of help in your other thread on this. You don't seem to know how to FTP into your VU - is that your problem? If yes say what program you are using to copy the cfg file to your VU Duo.

kishan333
06-09-14, 13:58
You have two threads open - that's not really helpful to you.

1/ If you can see cccam in the softcam manager it is running ok - don't know why you posted about a problem above

2/ Your problem seems to be that you can't get the cfg file copied into the /etc/ folder in your VU Duo. Lots of help in your other thread on this. You don't seem to know how to FTP into your VU - is that your problem? If yes say what program you are using to copy the cfg file to your VU Duo.

hi the softcam manager shows CCcam 2.3.0 when a green box but when i click start it says error no config files (cccam.cfg).

i know how to ftp to my vu duo, i use dreambox control center, i saved the text document to my desktop and i use the left arrow to transfer it to my vu duo etc folder.

abu baniaz
06-09-14, 14:13
Take a screenshot of contents of your etc folder, so we can see what you have transferred

timofee
06-09-14, 14:20
DCC will copy anything across - whatever the file extension.

Try to change the name using DCC. Select the file you have just copied over, right click, rename - enter CCcam.cfg - the first two characters are upper case.

kishan333
06-09-14, 14:28
DCC will copy anything across - whatever the file extension.

Try to change the name using DCC. Select the file you have just copied over, right click, rename - enter CCcam.cfg - the first two characters are upper case.

hi mate the problem is that the file (CCcam.cfg) nust wont transfer over at all it just stays on the right column (my desktop)

kishan333
06-09-14, 14:30
Take a screenshot of contents of your etc folder, so we can see what you have transferred

nothing transfers on my right hand column (my desktop) i have my CCcam.cfg.txt and CCcam.cfg (however this is made form wordpad even though done from notepad ++) when i click left arrow it just does not move into the etc folder. its got everythng but the CCcam.cfg. like cccam providers etc

timofee
06-09-14, 22:38
I agree with abu now.

We need a screen shot of your PC - showing DCC open at the point you are trying to copy the file across - to work out what is happening.

sunday96
06-09-14, 23:05
Make sure that your config file i.e. Cccam file is not in text format (i.e. NOT Cccam.txt). It has to be Cccam.cfg.

You could have mistakenly saved the file as a text file especially when using Windows OS. Enable show extension for known file types in Windows to ensure you've not saved your config file as text file.

It's possible you're seeing Cccam.cfg but it might still be text file i.e. Cccam.cfg.txt. You don't want .txt to end your file

Hope this help.

sunday96
06-09-14, 23:08
And you could try FileZilla:

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client