PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue Quad HD Hard drive problem.

0legoman0
05-09-14, 13:48
Hi, I have a GB Quad HD and i'm trying to install a internal HD a SEAGATE 500gb 2.5in.

I'm using the supplied cables and have repartioned/formatted to ext4.

Now the problem is that when I try to boot the box with the HD installed the Gigablue splash screen shows on the LCD but goes no further, red light stays on.
If I disconnect the HD and restart the box it boots up fine.
If I boot the box with HD power disconnected, then reconnect the HD power on booted (naughty) it recognizes the HD and I'm able to use it.

I've tried initialising the drive in storage setting but it get stuck on 0% for hours (it has been left overnight)
I'm using VIX Team Apollo 025 at the moment.
And the bootloader is dated 27-07-14.

Any ideas what could cause the problem?

Thanks

nsw9154
05-09-14, 14:14
Hello and welcome to the forum - Apollo 25 is set as an unstable version and has been well Documented, plus any Apollo version after 24 needs a FULL CLEAN INSTALL Without Any Backups
try installing the later Apollo 28 or 29 but remember do not load any backups in because if you upgraded from say Apollo 24 to 25 that could give you the problems that you are experiencing I assume that you initialised the drive in mount manager 1st

0legoman0
05-09-14, 16:32
nsw9154 thanks for your reply. I reflashed both bootloader and Vix and its worked. Not sure how as I just repeated what i'd done previously. Strange :)

nsw9154
05-09-14, 17:39
Glad that you got it working

steveharman
05-09-14, 17:55
I had a similar thing when flashing my GB Quad bootloader. Flashed it again (exactly the same loader and procedure) and it worked fine. Go figure... ;-)