PDA

View Full Version : DM7020s Need Some Help and advice

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 16:02
Hi guys finally i just got my DM7020s Genuine Box [Second Hand]

What i want to ask is, the flash process is the same as DM500 using null cable and dream up as i know that method.

Also it has a loop though f connector now i have a sly sub on an HD BOX and it will stay in Box not go onto the DM7020s as i dont have a smargo. so i wanted to ask can i use the loop to connect the tunner B on the HD Box.

The only ting that i'm thinking is if i'm watching on DM7020s say im watching a particulat TP which in turn loops to tuner B of HD Box if i was to change channels on HD Box and its a Different TP and requires the use of tuner B would i get a clash and it not switch on or potentially kill my tuner.

And if i was to power down my DM7020s then would that be ok to continue to use the HD Box as i want to keep that running for Recording and HD veiwing

Sicilian
23-11-10, 16:57
Easiest way to flash a DM7020/7025 is through web interface.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/flashing-browser

If your using the loop through and you 7020 is tuned to a channel on a TP the channel being watched by the loop through receiver will be affected, it wont be able to tune. Doubt that it will kill the tuner, you will just get a message saying unable to tune or something.

If the 7020 is in standby you should still get a signal to loop through receiver, but dont think you will if its fully powered down.

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 17:00
Thanks Sic will try the web way and the tunner thing i pretty much thought the same as you said [looks like i need to speak to out sponsor and get an octo lnb]

Larry-G
23-11-10, 17:04
yes mate. by far the easiest way to flash a DM7020 is by the browser method. this is how i have flashed mine since day one. also if you install a IDE HDD into the box you can use flashwizard 6.3 to install several images as a multiboot system as i do.

if you need any advice regarding the DM7020 dont hesitate to ask.

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 17:06
Thanks pheonix its just fashing now with pli 1.0

i got a hdd will need to get some advice on multiboot later from you

first i want to get aquanted with the box lol

Larry-G
23-11-10, 17:19
Thanks pheonix its just fashing now with pli 1.0

i got a hdd will need to get some advice on multiboot later from you

first i want to get aquanted with the box lol

no worries mate. you know how to get hold of me if i'm not on the forum. although i pretty much live here at the moment so it's not gona be a problem reaching me.

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 17:26
yes mate thanks i'll call upon your services as and when i need them

thanks for the help just flashed it now gonna connect it up will need to uplug vu first

Stanman
23-11-10, 18:47
The best image is Darkstar 2, has some lovely skins with it - but little support now.

Larry-G
23-11-10, 18:51
i have always used the Gemini images my self and never needed to go with any other as Gemini does very thing you need it to. i do have a multiboot with a few other images though for testing and other uses.

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 18:53
well i'll give them all a go and see lthough at first impression i must say open aint bad but then i aint seen gemini yet

Stanman
23-11-10, 18:53
i have always used the Gemini images my self and never needed to go with any other as Gemini does very thing you need it to. i do have a multiboot with a few other images though for testing and other uses.

Never experienced the GP as the box I nought 2nd hand and guy swore blind it was orginal but as nothing as is on the net I have tended to avoid GP because of the time bomb.

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 19:00
mine is a genuine too according to seller and i do trust him but the timebomb is a worry to me too

Larry-G
23-11-10, 19:00
Never experienced the GP as the box I nought 2nd hand and guy swore blind it was orginal but as nothing as is on the net I have tended to avoid GP because of the time bomb.

to be honest i have never yet come across a DM7020 clone, they tended to go for the cheaper easier box the DM500 and cloned that to extinction.

Stanman
23-11-10, 19:21
If you guys get a proper EPG on this than I might take the leap

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 19:33
what actual image are u using pheonix caus eif you been using your gp for this long then its pretty much not got the timebomb

Larry-G
23-11-10, 19:44
presently i'm using Gemini 4.70 and it's been on this box since it was launched well over a year ago, but i've been using gemini since day 1 when i flashed it from the original image. i should have it on this laptop if you need me to upload it.
actually come to think of it. i remember uploading a copy to download section of DBUK

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 19:50
i'll have a look mate thanks

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 20:39
ok got a snag here

i set the av setting on openpli to always 16:9 but every sinle channel regardless of wheather its transmitting in 16:9 or 4:3 is giving me bars and not streaching out.
Any channel transmitting widescreen is giving me a black border all round

is it a setting im doing wrong