PDA

View Full Version : Reliability..?

Boydie05
04-09-14, 11:57
Hi all, I'd appreciate a little bit of feedback from the solo 2 users.

My current cable box records when i ask it too, and records a complete series if i so desire, it also pauses TV for up to an hour when requested, all with out any glitches. Can I expect the same with a Vu+ Solo 2? If not my Mrs may not be too happy with my next purchase... Again..!

Cheers in advance for any feedback. ;)

Trial
04-09-14, 12:40
Hi,
recording of a complete series can be done with AutoTimer which scans the EPG and when the search phrase, like name of series, it generates a record timer. Pausing the TV is possible even for more then an hour. This is not only valid for the Solo2 it is valid for all E2-STBs.

ciao

Boydie05
04-09-14, 12:57
Thanks for the reply, but is it reliable? I once had cable receiver that said it was recording but didn't, and when I paused the receiver with the remote the picture paused but when you went to restart the program it just jumped to real time, so pretty pointless...

Hi,
recording of a complete series can be done with AutoTimer which scans the EPG and when the search phrase, like name of series, it generates a record timer. Pausing the TV is possible even for more then an hour. This is not only valid for the Solo2 it is valid for all E2-STBs.

ciao

Trial
04-09-14, 14:39
Hi,
as long as I used my solo2 it was reliable but I am not a power recorder like some other guys here. 1-2 films per weeks is a lot for me.

ciao

thestoress
04-09-14, 14:54
When I choose to record a program it pops up add timer or add auto timer, but it only records that program on that day of the week? I can't seem to edit the timer to any day of the week? I have Vu solo2 with Apollo 29

Joe_90
04-09-14, 17:01
In autotimer, certainly, when you select a programme to record from the EPG, you get a series of boxes with green tickmarks. One of these is the day (say it's today Thursday). If you un-tick the box it will record any day. After you press green to save, you get a further detailed menu of options which runs to two pages. On the second page you can add further filters - like only on a weekday or only on a weekend or the negatives of these. Loads of settings to play with!

Boydie05
04-09-14, 17:09
Thanks for the feedback.
I've decided to bite the bullet so they say and have ordered a Vu+ solo 2 from W-o-S, its my first STB and will certainly be an interesting learning curve. Looking forward to it.. ;)

thestoress
04-09-14, 18:05
Can't see anywhere to edit the day?

judge
04-09-14, 18:21

When in EPG, press the blue button to add the autotimer & uncheck the day there.

DaMacFunkin
04-09-14, 18:57
If you are asking is this box as easy for your wife to use as a VM box, then based on my wife the answer is no, it can be quite a little bit more involved, I set all the recordings in our house, there are too many options for series record.

boyofford
04-09-14, 21:24
If you are asking is this box as easy for your wife to use as a VM box, then based on my wife the answer is no, it can be quite a little bit more involved, I set all the recordings in our house, there are too many options for series record.

Everyone's opinion will be different, my mrs can't stand virgin tivo box!
But finds vix on solo2 very usable, as well as I don't change the skin.

I've had solo2 since they came out and it's been very reliable, no problems.
I'm a part time geek so don't mind messing with Linux but there ain't much messing to be done with vix, just use autobuquets and picon, setup time shift and that's about it to get it going. All of which is a doddle.

nsw9154
04-09-14, 21:39
I ended up with the Tivo Box and the crappy remote control in my back room, as my good Lady did not like it so she kept the virgin V+ Box in the front room :mad:

Joe_90
05-09-14, 00:47

Before that - when you're first setting up the timer as posted #6 ;)