PDA

View Full Version : Why is openvix feeds so slow

Sirius
03-09-14, 16:57
As above been trying to download build 29 for all my boxes, I am planning on fresh flashing them all tonight but have been trying to download them for ages they just don't seem to want to download saying it's going to take hours....

I have 80mb fiber and can download other files a lot larger that images in seconds.

Is anyone else having issues??

Or is it just me??

Thanks

Sicilian
03-09-14, 16:58
Fine here, updated 3 boxes this morning with no issues.

nsw9154
03-09-14, 17:13
no problems at my end either just in the middle of Couch Flashing my LX3 feeds seem fine

Sirius
03-09-14, 19:20
Really hmm... Wonder why it's so slow at my end?? I can download a file twice the size in seconds...

Could BT be blocking/limiting my download speed to the openvix server?? Even downloading to the stb to couch flash is taking hours I had to telnet to box and issue init 6 to cancel the download after 2 hrs :(

Sicilian
03-09-14, 19:22
Please open a telnet session, enter

tracert www.world-of-satellite.com

EDIT: PM me the output please.

Sirius
03-09-14, 20:10
I am not at home at the min bud I will do this and pm you when I get back later tonight.

Andy_Hazza
03-09-14, 20:33
Give your home hub a reset too bud, this will help clear the cache etc.

Sirius
03-09-14, 21:03
I have tried restarting my routor, also the talent I just keep getting tracert not found??

judge
03-09-14, 21:21
I have tried restarting my routor, also the talent I just keep getting tracert not found??

Try:

traceroute www.world-of-satellite.com

Andy_Hazza
03-09-14, 21:24
Have you put a pin in the reset slot? Not just a power off n power on again. Insert a pin in and hold for 10 secs and release.

Sirius
03-09-14, 22:08
Have you put a pin in the reset slot? Not just a power off n power on again. Insert a pin in and hold for 10 secs and release.

hi andy yes i have tried a hard reset as well as a full factory reset by holding the little button in with a pin, still slow download only on open vix server.

thanks judge the traceroute worked i will pm sicillan the results now.

Sirius
03-09-14, 22:10
Must be a problem with BT i think as now i can not connect to the forum at all, just keeps coming up page not found.... so i enabled my VPN and tried again and it connected right away strange????

wallnut
03-09-14, 23:28
Must be a problem with BT i think as now i can not connect to the forum at all, just keeps coming up page not found.... so i enabled my VPN and tried again and it connected right away strange????

Same problem here!
Although I haven't tried to download anything from the feeds this evening, I haven't been able to connect to the forum at all for the last 30 mins or so.
Same message 'page not found'.
My ISP is Sky
Normal service has only just resumed!

Sirius
04-09-14, 20:48
Still unable to connect to forum, same issue when trying to download image from openvix site just takes ages and does not get passed 15% tried on lap top as well as stb.

I have to go to friends house just to post this reply???

Larry-G
04-09-14, 20:58
I'd PM Sicilian to see if you have accidentally been added to the IP ban list.

Larry-G
04-09-14, 21:25
I'd PM Sicilian to see if you have accidentally been added to the IP ban list.

I have left a note in the mods room to check to see if you have been assigned a previously banned IP address, I'll let you know the results when sicilian has had a chance to check..

Sicilian
05-09-14, 06:32
Its network issues, your trace is timing out at hop 13, not even reaching WoS server. Give it a few days will probably correct itself.

Sirius
07-09-14, 13:20
Thanks mate all seems sorted now.

Sicilian
07-09-14, 13:32
Happens sometimes.