PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Help with CCcam

DeRoiste
02-09-14, 19:05
Hi folks,

Quick query for you. How do I test CCcam - staying within forum rules of course? Is there a way?

I've installed version 2.3.0 and have ensured that it's running in Softcam setup. CCCam server info is blank.

A CCcam.cfg file wasn't created by the install, so I created a blank one and copied it across Using filezilla.

Creating the CCcam.cfg file in notepad (on XP) has caused the file type to be registered as a Windows Config File (which is what the type is on the box when copied across), not sure if that will be an issue.

Anyway.. Any advice on What can I do to test?

Thanks in advance.

DeRoiste
02-09-14, 19:10
Version 024 btw

thestoress
02-09-14, 19:23
In windows explorer, click on options or tools(can't remember), there should be a tick box for "hide known file extensions", untick it, then your file will be called cccam.cfg.txt. Now take .txt out

DeRoiste
02-09-14, 19:46
In windows explorer, click on options or tools(can't remember), there should be a tick box for "hide known file extensions", untick it, then your file will be called cccam.cfg.txt. Now take .txt out

Have already done that. With *.cfg, it automatically changed to type 'Microsoft Office Outlook Config File'.

I don't know if this will impact anything though, which is why I need to test it first.

Joe_90
02-09-14, 21:06
The file type in Windows shouldn't make any difference in this case. As it's an empty file you shouldn't come across any issues in linux. It's only if you try to edit config files with actual data belonging to linux systems in notepad on Windows that you have problems with line endings.

With the cfg file in place on the box it should be just a matter of starting cccam 2.3.0 with the blue button and testing a channel with your SKY card. That's all I do and it works fine.

DeRoiste
03-09-14, 10:52
Super stuff. Thanks Tony!

Will give it a go.