PDA

View Full Version : Miraclebox Mini HD combo won't connect to the internet

bees
02-09-14, 13:02
Hi,

I have started to set up my box but have got stuck.

I have scanned in sat and cable channels but can't get it to connect to the net.

This is what I have been doing

Menu - Setup - System - Network - Device Setup - Network Wizard

User interface and DHCP both set to yes.

Getting a message "your internet connection is not working"

I was connected off homeplugs, then I connected directly to the router to rule them out.

Changed ethernet cables even though they definitely work on other devices.

Re booted box and router a number of times

Ran the network test, comes back with a tick for Lan Adaptor and DHCP, the rest fail.

I thought this was supposed to assign an IP address to the box ?

Am I doing something wrong ?

The box hasn't got an IP assigned to it.

I am beginning to think I have a faulty ethernet connection at the box.

Should I get any flashing lights at the connection when the cable is plugged in ?

It is currently running apollo 26

Any help will be greatly appreciated

cheers

bees

njd77
03-09-14, 15:10
Is your router configured to use DHCP and is DHCP switched on? If your router isn't assigning the MB an IP address then it won't connect to the internet. Try logging into your router and checking the settings.

What happens if you try to plug in another device to your router - such as a laptop? Does that connect ok and get an IP address?

It definitely sounds like the problem is more at your router end than the MB unless you have ruled out everything first.

Joe_90
03-09-14, 16:22
Can you swap ethernet cable? You should get lights flashing on the ethernet port if you have a connection. I had a similar issue and turned out to be a duff RJ45 plug.

Sorry - just re-read your post and see that you have swapped cable.

bees
12-09-14, 09:46
Thanks for the replies, turns out it was a fault on the box,
it is currently being replaced.

Think the "no flashing lights" when I plugged the cable in, and the start up wizard would not pick it up in the first place, where the tell tale signs