PDA

View Full Version : picons not showing

gilvey
01-09-14, 16:05
How do i get the picons showing in my tmtwin oe?
I have had them working previously. My picon folder is on
My hdd. I am running vix apollo o21
Thanks
Gilvey

nsw9154
01-09-14, 16:37
try checking to see if the picon folder is still on your Hard Drive in the media folder

Joe_90
01-09-14, 17:31
Hard drive is not the best place for picons as the box will need to spin up the drive when you are switching channels which will be slow and cause unnecessary wear and tear. Ideally they should be on the internal flash if you have room or on a USB stick.

Larry-G
01-09-14, 18:10
As posted above, the HDD is pretty much the worst place you can store picons, but if you are adamant in storing them there check to see your HDD is still mounted (Blue button> ViX> Mounts manager).

gilvey
01-09-14, 18:59
Yes it's in media folder on hdd

abu baniaz
01-09-14, 19:19
Post a screenshot of your picon folder layout please

billy2222
01-09-14, 20:06
You learn something every day?thanks for the info.How do I move them from the HD to internal flash?

billy2222
01-09-14, 20:29
Had a look round usr share enigma2?

Joe_90
02-09-14, 00:50
Depends on whether you're comfortable with using telnet/ftp or not. Two options:

1. There are picon sets available on the feeds (download plugins and navigate to picon sets and pick one), which you can specify to install on the flash. You just need an enigma restart to activate.

2. Alternatively you can telnet into the box and copy the picon folder. I have a backup copy of my picons stored in a folder on my HDD called /backup_picons/picons
What I do is telnet to the box and issue the following commands:

cd /hdd/backup_picons (this places me one directory level above where the picon directory is stored on the HDD)
cp -r picon/ / (this copies the /picon directory and all its subdirectories to the root (/) of my flash)

Once you restart enigma the picons are active.

Make sure you have plenty of flash ROM free on your box. Some picon directories can be very large if you have downloaded a picon set covering lots of satellites, so check sizes first.

abu baniaz
02-09-14, 01:12
The receiver will scan for picons located on the root ( i.e not within another folder) of any storage medium connected as well as the internal flash memory. Folder must be called picon

gilvey
02-09-14, 16:03
It is called picon, moved to internal flash. Still not showing

abu baniaz
02-09-14, 16:05
Please post a screenshot

Joe_90
02-09-14, 16:13

You've turned on display picons in the channel list settings I presume?

gilvey
02-09-14, 18:04
Yes turned on