PDA

View Full Version : vu+duo reset

kris07
31-08-14, 15:55
I cant connect to my box through FTP programs, if i reset my box and flash it with a new image will this turn all settings back to default, enabling me to connect to the box again?

Thanks

Stanman
31-08-14, 15:56
Yes, if using vix password is blank

other images you will need to find out.

Did you select the right port when connecting?

kris07
31-08-14, 16:28
Thanks for the reply Stanman, yes i had all the same settings set up from last time i used my FTP but it would not connect to my box. After about 6 hours of searching the net i descovered that it was my DHCP and it needed to be disabled. I did this and hey ho connected straight away!! Guess you eed a static IP when connecting to he Vu+duo.

So simple when you know how!!

Stanman
31-08-14, 16:40
No you don't it could have been your IP changed from last time

Joe_90
31-08-14, 17:01
DHCP will allocate a new IP address to a device if it's not connected when the lease time is over. It is better to allocate a fixed IP address to your devices in the router settings if you access your devices by IP addresses rather than by name.

kris07
31-08-14, 18:10
ok thanks guys

jukkal
31-08-14, 20:30
Thanks for the reply Stanman, yes i had all the same settings set up from last time i used my FTP but it would not connect to my box. After about 6 hours of searching the net i descovered that it was my DHCP and it needed to be disabled. I did this and hey ho connected straight away!! Guess you eed a static IP when connecting to he Vu+duo.

I have my receiver use DHCP, but I have it connected to a router that uses NAT, and I have reserved a fixed IP from the router's DHCP server address space for the receiver.

dazzler3693
18-09-14, 21:30
Have to agree with Stanman on this one guys same thing happened to me and it was the ip address had changed