PDA

View Full Version : Glitching on free to air

buz
23-11-10, 11:00
I am using vix 1.2. On FTA channels especially channel 4 and 5 i am getting glitching every few minutes. It is intermitant as some days no issues I have both a fixed sky dish and 1 mt motorised. Using Catseyes settings. Happens with both dishes do don't think it is an alignment issue. Also 99% of pay channels are perfect. Any ideas?

serge
23-11-10, 11:02
Hi

I get glitching on 4 and five HD but these are soft encrypted
This is even with a c line, just seeems bad on these channels also on ITV1 HD

:(

marty
23-11-10, 11:03
I am using vix 1.2. On FTA channels especially channel 4 and 5 i am getting glitching every few minutes. It is intermitant as some days no issues I have both a fixed sky dish and 1 mt motorised. Using Catseyes settings. Happens with both dishes do don't think it is an alignment issue. Also 99% of pay channels are perfect. Any ideas?

Have you looked what the SNR is on the channels that give problems?

marty
23-11-10, 11:05
also on ITV1 HD

:(

Been wathcing ITV1 HD all morning (Jeremy Kyle :p ) rock solid for me.

Do bear in mind that there are some ITV1 HD's that are NOT FTA!!! the one I am watching IS FTA.

Ojustaboo
23-11-10, 11:51
I've been having a similar experience on BBC1 and BBC2 the past few days, all my Sly channels are fine.

Seems to do it at certain times, 2 - 4 pm seems to be worst and seems to stop after around 6pm.

Very odd

To be honest, I'm now beginning to get to the point that while I love my duo when it works fine, it seems like every week one bug or another makes it unusable in some way or another and part of me is beginning to regret buying it.

marty
23-11-10, 11:57
Do you have a different receiver to try? just to rule out dish/lnb/cable

You could also do worse than try another channel list. I personally use B16MCC's list, works OK for me.