PDA

View Full Version : Audio Sync plugin doesn't actually do anything?

leecovuk
23-11-10, 04:55
Hello,

As the subject line really; When I have the audio sync 'bars' over a channel and adjust the sync, the actual A/V sync doesn't seem to change.
??
Is this plugin broken or does it only work in some very specific circumstances?

Thanks,
Lee
UK

andyblac
23-11-10, 23:20
Hello,

As the subject line really; When I have the audio sync 'bars' over a channel and adjust the sync, the actual A/V sync doesn't seem to change.
??
Is this plugin broken or does it only work in some very specific circumstances?

Thanks,
Lee
UK
it is not instant it take a sec or so, to detect the change, working here, and is ONLY Dolby Digital audio tracks not PCM

leecovuk
24-11-10, 00:22
Hello Andy,

Are you the guy who puts together the ViX images? Hello!

I'm currently using a VTI image, but I'll try the latest ViX again shortly.
So to clarify, it should work properly on your latest image but only on AC3 audio tracks?
Is that right?

Also, do you find that the 'global' part of the plugin works properly, but again only for AC3?

Thanks,
Lee
UK

leecovuk
25-11-10, 02:03
Hello again,

I really need Andy to come back and give the clarification I requested in my last post.

Regardless, I currently have flashed with the latest ViX image. It is as downloaded without me applying any updates.
And, like every other image I have tried, nothing happens to the actual audio delay when I move the sync sliders up or down when tuned to a channel. Neither on AC3 or MPEG.

So what is it? Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?
Do I need to force in a specific driver or module? If so, which one(s) and how?
Or, is this plugin not working as I consistently find?

Please clarify before I go insane, somebody who knows ...

Lee
UK

silverfox0786
25-11-10, 02:18
try changing the audio sync a half a second at a time and see were that gets you

not tried the sync plugin myself as never needed it

leecovuk
25-11-10, 02:24
try changing the audio sync a half a second at a time and see were that gets you

not tried the sync plugin myself as never needed it

Hello Silverfox,
It seems to make no difference how little or much I move the sliders; I just don't see or hear any delay change.
That includes going to the full 'outer bounds' of the default available range for 'service delay' which is +/- 1000 ms
??

Lee

silverfox0786
25-11-10, 02:31
having not used it i cant pinpoint your error but it does seem like a unique error

like andy said it works in dolby so have you checked to see if your in dolby not pcm

leecovuk
25-11-10, 02:35
having not used it i cant pinpoint your error but it does seem like a unique error

like andy said it works in dolby so have you checked to see if your in dolby not pcm
Yes, right now I'm on BBC1 HD and using the AC3 (Dolby) track.
I know I've become obsessed with this plugin, but being able to adjust sync is so important on so many channels.
It's also a shame if indeed it only works on AC3 and not MPEG, for some reason. But right now I would be grateful for either!
:)

Lee

leecovuk
25-11-10, 02:41
By the way, I'm continuing to assume that:
PCM = MP2 audio
and
Dolby = AC3
rather than meaning usage of a specific output on the receiver?

Lee

leecovuk
26-11-10, 02:00
ok, I give up. Any meaningful support here is clearly non existant.
I ask repeatedly and clearly for simple help and nobody can even be bothered to test and report their experiences.

Thanks a lot.

There is obviously a bizarre culture of silence here which I do not understand nor have the will to get involved with.

'Use the images or not then you're on your own' is clearly the message.

Oh by the way, the system audio delay settings seem to do nothing either.
Super.

andyblac
26-11-10, 12:07
I ask repeatedly and clearly for simple help and nobody can even be bothered to test and report their experiences.

Thanks a lot.

There is obviously a bizarre culture of silence here which I do not understand nor have the will to get involved with.

Super.

sorry mate, just i have been REALLY busy, let me go test on my vu+ now and i'll report back .

Larry-G
26-11-10, 12:09

Thanks a lot.

Super.

as a general rule, people will help if they know, you cant badger people to help you thats very unrealistic of you.

andyblac
26-11-10, 13:13
ok, after further investigation the AudioSync is broken, not just this plugin the the core enigma2 as well, has anyone try the official Vu+ image in the system setting to see if that is working there i suspect that this is a Vu+ driver issue

leecovuk
01-12-10, 04:31
Thanks for replying, Andy.

I apologise to everyone for my attitude but I just couldn't understand why nobody would test and report their experiences. Up to that point I was nothing but nice and polite! Do we not all want features to work and need to report when we think they don't? If anything, I was trying to not be arrogant by wanting others to verify the same problem.

To help you Andy, seeing as nobody else seems to have done so after your request, I will test the official image now and report back. However, from memory, the same situation exists there.

Lee

leecovuk
01-12-10, 05:17
Hello again,

I've just flashed with 'Official original image Ver. 5.4' from this site, and the system audio delay settings seem to do nothing.
I didn't try downloading the Audio Sync plugin and trying that, as presumably it would be pointless.

Amongst my queries about this, I did email the official VU+ site a week or so ago, but I have not had a reply.

If it is indeed a driver issue, I hope Andy (for example) can fix it or talk with the VU+ manufacturer to get the system delays and Audio Sync plugin working.

Unless I'm asked to do any further specific testing, I can't pursue this any further and I can only hope for some fixes.

Thanks a lot,
Lee
UK

andyblac
02-12-10, 14:03
Hello again,

I've just flashed with 'Official original image Ver. 5.4' from this site, and the system audio delay settings seem to do nothing.
I didn't try downloading the Audio Sync plugin and trying that, as presumably it would be pointless.

Amongst my queries about this, I did email the official VU+ site a week or so ago, but I have not had a reply.

If it is indeed a driver issue, I hope Andy (for example) can fix it or talk with the VU+ manufacturer to get the system delays and Audio Sync plugin working.

Unless I'm asked to do any further specific testing, I can't pursue this any further and I can only hope for some fixes.

Thanks a lot,
Lee
UK
i will email Alex @ Vu+ again, about this too.

leecovuk
02-12-10, 18:02
i will email Alex @ Vu+ again, about this too.
It so happens I finally had a reply from somebody called Alex at VU+ yesterday. I didn't know until seeing your post here that he / she is a key contact.

That reply didn't suggest any awareness of a problem, but I asked them to test it and see if they can determine and fix anything. I referred to your and my experiences / thoughts but I didn't offer a url because I don't know how they view unofficial images.

If I hear anything further, I'll let you know.

Lee
UK

silverfox0786
03-12-10, 13:13
Have a look at this Lee mate

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4283-20101203-New-Drivers&p=31989#post31989

pooface
03-12-10, 15:00
Have a look at this Lee mate

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4283-20101203-New-Drivers&p=31989#post31989

As silverfox says, looks like they've fixed it... I can't test at the mo, as not at home, but will try tomorrow if I get a chance... In regards to the fix though, you will need to use official image (or any other based on image 5.4) at the mo to install latest drivers. Once you have the image installed, ftp the files from the fix to /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra/ overwriting the files already there. Reboot the box, and then try again...

leecovuk
03-12-10, 20:33
If I may, even though this forum is for ViX not general, can I link to my post where I have tested the new drivers / modules released today? My experience shows a slight improvement, but of course it's important for other people to verify my results in case I'm doing it wrongly :-

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4283-20101203-New-Drivers-(Duo)&p=32103&viewfull=1#post32103

Thanks,
Lee