PDA

View Full Version : Re tuning problem

Kefalonanman
31-08-14, 07:03
I am In Greece and have a vu duo 2 with motorised dish when I scan 28.2 and Astra 2e I cannot find itv 3 sd I can find the hd but obviously doesn't work can someone help me with the frequencies and how do I set up a scan for one channel only

Thank you

Sicilian
31-08-14, 09:24
Moved to the correct section, have you tried Autobouquetsmaker?

Joe_90
31-08-14, 13:21
I don't think you will receive ITV free to air on Astra 2E in Greece. It's on the UK/Ireland beam.

Kefalonanman
31-08-14, 13:22
We used to be able to receive just wondering if frequencies have changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe_90
31-08-14, 14:30
We used to be able to receive just wondering if frequencies have changed

More info please. Size of dish?, Part of Greece? You mentioned motorised so I assumed it was maybe max 1.1 metre? Huge dishes were normally required to receive the BBCs/ITVs on free to air in Greece, so these wouldn't be motorised. In the past 6/9 months all free to air BBCs/ITVs etc. were moved to Astra 2E or 2F and are only receiveable (theoretically) in UK and Ireland, but obviously some reception is possible in France, Spain etc with appropriate sized dishes.
When were you last able to receive ITV3 FTA in Greece?

Kefalonanman
31-08-14, 14:33
That probably answers the question last rind we tried was last year
Out dish is 1.2 m in kefalonia
We can get itv 3 hd but blank screen never got BBC channels

Alanp
31-08-14, 14:44
That probably answers the question last rind we tried was last year
Out dish is 1.2 m in kefalonia
We can get itv 3 hd but blank screen never got BBC channels

ITV 3HD is not a FTA channel

Joe_90
31-08-14, 15:22
I sort of guessed you were in Kefalonia but I didn't want to assume. Some of the ITV regional channels are encrypted (as are the HD versions other than ITV1) and thus can be put on other beams which are receivable other than the UK as you need a card to decrypt. All of the FTA stuff is now on narrow beams covering the UK and Ireland and ex-pats are struggling to receive them. Probably will get even worse when Astra G comes on stream.

Joe_90
31-08-14, 15:25
ITV 3HD is not a FTA channel

I think the OP knew that as he knows that encrypted HD won't work on an E2 box. He was trying to get the SD version, all of which have now been migrated to the tighter beams on 2E and 2F. Some massive dishes can receive them in continental Europe, but not down as far as Greece or the islands AFAIK.

Kefalonanman
02-09-14, 07:55
Thanks for your information tony, much appreciated will the hd channels ever come back on line as I can get this but black screen, and I do have a motorised dish 1.2m could be 1.5 not sure so is there any other satelittes you would recommend for English so far away from uk.

Thanks in advance again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe_90
02-09-14, 11:56
It's unlikely in the medium term that HD channels can be cleared with your SKY card on an E2 receiver. I would suggest you look at some IPTV solutions if you need English TV channels. I was in Lanzarote back in June and they had a neat IPTV box in the house I was renting. Was able to see all UK/Irish channels via the 8Mb DSL connection to the house. You probably need to ask around locally. I don't know what the broadband infrastructure is like in Kefalonia.

DaMacFunkin
02-09-14, 12:49
Surely iptv streaming of British encrypted channels is illegal and shouldn't be discussed?

stumpey
02-09-14, 13:03
Whats the internet like you could always stream the TV , get a vpn that terminates in the UK then you can get all the freesat stations no problem. easy to put on your tv from the computer or get a chromecast and stream from your tablet to tv.
I was in Greece on my holidays this year and watched UK TV no problem over the hotels wifi/internet on my Tablet ( F1 was on so had to watch live on the bbc :) ),so possible.

Edit: after checking it seems that "The European Union's (EU) Internal Market (sometimes known as the Single Market) seeks to guarantee the free movement of goods, capital, services, and people within the EU's member states." ,this includes TV channels all be it still bit of a grey area ( lawyers involved could take years ). But watching say pay tv is a no no stick to BBC ITV Chan 4 Chan 5 etc and you should be OK.

Kefalonanman
02-09-14, 13:17
Stumpey I have Satelitte broadband running at 20 gig a month and upto 20mb speeds the solution you recommend sounds very reasonable, would the app on my vu duo box iptv media be able to do this, and can you explain how to go about a VPN which terminates in uk am I right in presuming you mean create a VPN from my router in Greece to my router in uk .

stumpey
02-09-14, 13:32
20 gig a month will not last you long when streaming TV, I bash my internet to the tune of about 150 gig a month :).

I will PM you with any info, I dont use my satellite box although you can once you have a vpn, I use my tablet the most strange as that may seem :)

Mods : not sure how you feel about IPTV so please let us know.

Joe_90
02-09-14, 14:08
Surely iptv streaming of British encrypted channels is illegal and shouldn't be discussed?

I'm assuming the service I saw was legit and relevant copyright payment had been made. No different than cable companies or ISPs relaying broadcast channels. Channels are encrypted by SKY or whatever service provider is supplying the service. IPTV is probably how most TV watching will be done, ultimately.

Kefalonanman
07-09-14, 10:09
Tony
Had a strange instance this morning and lost all channels which is a nightmare was looking forward to the f1 today, has anything happened or is it just my system at fault

Joe_90
07-09-14, 11:05
What channels are you talking about? I thought you couldn't get any FTA channels from 28.2 and I told you why.

Other source of F1 is RTL on 19.2E. Is that receivable in your region?