PDA

View Full Version : Write Error While Recording, Disk Full? - Error received.

bathingaper
31-08-14, 01:21
Hi there, I tried a search of this error and while it does return a few hits, I still can't resolve this as the scenarios are slightly different.

I have a Solo2 running apollo 025. Whenever I try to start a recording, both manual and timer, I receive the message saying "Write Error While Recording, Disk Full?"

This issue has occurred out of the blue.

I am able to go into my recordings list and play my previous recordings with no issues. I have also went into Main Menu > Setup > System > Recording Settings and checked the default location. It is set to media/hdd/movie

Any ideas on how to resolve?

I know TSPanel can screw things up apparently however I do not have that installed.

bathingaper
11-09-14, 23:25
can anyone assist please?

pembo
11-09-14, 23:28
Have you confirmed the disk isn't full?

How was the disk formatted and what format is your disk? EXT3/4, NTFS?

judge
11-09-14, 23:29
How is 'media/hdd/movie' formatted when using blue button -> ViX, Mount Manager?

nsw9154
12-09-14, 02:58
Did this only start when you installed Apollo 25 as it was set as an Unstable Image and if you did a back up from say 23 or 24 that could have caused the problem
try doing a clean install of the new Apollo32 without any backups and see it that fixes it

bathingaper
13-09-14, 21:20
Have you confirmed the disk isn't full?

How was the disk formatted and what format is your disk? EXT3/4, NTFS?

Yep I can confirm the disk is not full.

EXT4

How is 'media/hdd/movie' formatted when using blue button -> ViX, Mount Manager?

The Mount Manager shows the following:
Size: 488GB
Device: /dev/sdb1
Mount: /media/sdb1
Type: ext4 R/W

Did this only start when you installed Apollo 25 as it was set as an Unstable Image and if you did a back up from say 23 or 24 that could have caused the problem
try doing a clean install of the new Apollo32 without any backups and see it that fixes it

This has only started happening to me when since installing Apollo 25. I did not restore any settings from a previous install.

bathingaper
13-09-14, 21:23
Ok just this second I've went back into mount manager and the mount field was appearing blank. Only seconds after me posting the above.

The red button showed as 'use as HDD' so I selected that and now the Mount field shows /media/hdd

Recording now working. What has happened??

abu baniaz
13-09-14, 21:31
It means the HDD was not mounted as HDD, it now is.

Is this an external drive? Do you have any other USB devices connected?

bathingaper
13-09-14, 21:35
It means the HDD was not mounted as HDD, it now is.

Is this an external drive? Do you have any other USB devices connected?

Strange. Never really had to mount it before - and I've flashed it many times :)

Nope - it's an internal HDD. and nope - no other devices connected.