View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Apollo issues slowness and missing plugins

chrcoluk
30-08-14, 19:32
Ok so I updated to apollo 24 with a restore of settings and plugins (not using newer as I havent got time to manually restore everything). I immediately noticed some issues.

The box is now slower.

EPG pauses with please wait for about half a second or so, before was instant, going from page to page on EPG also pauses, before was instant, if relevant my EPG data is on a usb stick, but is the same usb stick I have always been using on the box.

Pressing the up button to load the channel list also has a delay where as on helios was instant.

When pressing the blue button to bring up plugin menu there is only 7 plugins instead of my previous 9 even tho I chose to restore plugins, one of the missing plugins is the one that brought up debug info when pressing help was called dr something I think. No idea which other one is missing. When I then tried to goto the download plugins page there is a message about it been unstable on apollo? Seems a bit of a mess :(

I am on build #24 as again I cant post it in the top boxes.

Andy_Hazza
30-08-14, 20:06
Have you upgraded from Helios? If so I'm pretty sure you will have needed to do a fresh flash with no backup.

chrcoluk
30-08-14, 23:56
the apollo release thread says can restore.

but only up to build 24 which is what I am on now.

one of the extensions was sherlock, but I may keep it off as what it did showing bitrate and resolution is now built into vix.

The slower responsiveness I may end up getting used to it, but is a shame as my box was super fast before.

chrcoluk
02-09-14, 17:48
after the box has been up a few days it doesnt seem so laggy now, not sure if thats just me getting used to it or it speeding up after objects cached into ram etc.