PDA

View Full Version : Installed T2 tuner but no HD channels

Comfysofa
30-08-14, 09:36
As above gents. All working, scanned 130 odd channels or something like that but no HD channels are coming up - am I missing something??

tappari
30-08-14, 09:50
You are not missing anything. ViX is. Automatic scan does not operate in T2 mode. Same with Manual scan/Complete. So you have to do Sigle trasponder scan in DVB-T2 mode separately for each T2 multiplex.

abu baniaz
30-08-14, 13:33
I can scan and find HD channels fine, so not sure what is missing from Vix.

What area are you in?

tappari
30-08-14, 14:04
I can scan and find HD channels fine, so not sure what is missing from Vix.

What area are you in?
In Finland, Helsinki capital area. I just flashed my Ultimo with latest OpenATV. No problem wit automatic scan. Find`s all T2 channels. ABM is maybe a good solution in the UK, but not worldwide.

Comfysofa
30-08-14, 14:06
Ah - right - ill go and have a play....any reason for that? seems odd that you just cant "scan" as it were....thanks for the reply.

abu baniaz
30-08-14, 14:09
ABM does not do T2 yet, I was referring to an ordinary scan.

OP has not mentioned area yet.

Joe_90
30-08-14, 14:23
Ah - right - ill go and have a play....any reason for that? seems odd that you just cant "scan" as it were....thanks for the reply.

Have you set the tuner in the configuration as DVB-T2, or does it come up automatically as T2? Do you know what transmitter you receive your signals from? If so we can give you the exact UHF channels to scan.

Comfysofa
01-10-14, 21:28
Hi... Sorry... Only just got back to this.... I'll check on the t2 thing.... I'm guessing I'm looking at Mendip.

Joe_90
02-10-14, 11:04
The main BBCB multiplex (HD) is on UHF C58 (770MHz). The other active HD multiplex on Mendip is C33 (570MHz). Use the channel option when doing a manual scan and you can type in the UHF channel numbers. Alternatively, if you want to type in the frequency it would be like this for 770MHz - 770000000

Here's a link to the Mendip transmitter on ukfree - you may be on one of the relays, rather than the main transmitter, so you may have to do some research. -
http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=ST564488

Comfysofa
02-10-14, 20:53
Still didn't work.... Seems strange that you can't do a straight scan...Oh.. Yeah... It's showing t2....

Joe_90
02-10-14, 22:05
What UHF channels ARE working for you? Could it be that you have an aerial problem, or are scanning the wrong channel group? Your are running a manual scan of one channel?

Comfysofa
12-10-14, 17:46
Nothing wrong with the aerial as ive got some HD TV's that tune in fine. Doesn't seem to matter what I do - if I go a standard scan I only get SD channels....as I say ive lost count of what ive tried and cant seem to find anything....

Stanman
12-10-14, 17:53
Do an individual scan on the channels for me it's 21 and 32 or 33 for all the hd channels.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comfysofa
12-10-14, 17:58
S'ok - got it!! don't ask me what was different but its working now....thanks very much for your patience with me!! Did a manual scan on n the individual channel.

abu baniaz
12-10-14, 18:00
What region have you set your tuner to and what image build number are you on? Reason for asking is that more details for Mendip were added recently. Your HD channels are/will be on channels 33, 35 and 58.

Comfysofa
12-10-14, 19:09
Sorry - had to go out just after last post.....ill check now...

Nothing on 35 but there was on 33 and 58.

Settings are:

Inversion - Auto
Bandwidth 8mhz
Code rate HP & LP - Auto
Transmission Mode - 8k
Guard Interval - Auto
Heirarcy - None
Network Scan - Yes

Version : Apollo
Build : 026

Is there a newer version now...?

abu baniaz
12-10-14, 19:32
You can always find what the latest image from openvix.co.uk. We are currently on 54. I was asking if you set your location for europe or Mendip.

Alss worth pointing out that an option is to use ABM for the SD chanenls and scan the chanels I mentioned above for the HD channels. You'll get bouquets and proper order for the SD ones and can move the HD ones in there manually.