PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me your temperature please

Ojustaboo
29-08-14, 22:03
Hi folks, could a few of you please tell me what the temp of your quad box is please, and tell me whether it was live TV or also recording at the time.

Menu, Information, About

many thanks

ovladaf
30-08-14, 08:45
Live tv around 85-90 degrees, recording not tested...

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Sicilian
30-08-14, 08:54
Ignore the Temps on the Original GB Quad, they are false. This reading is going to be removed from the drivers.

Ojustaboo
30-08-14, 10:32
Thanks Boss, trouble is, I can't ignore it as as soon as they reach 100, my box reboots and it keeps happening :(

Sicilian
30-08-14, 10:36
It is not reaching 100deg, the reading is incorrect. :trustme: i've checked with a infra red digital thermometer.

nsw9154
30-08-14, 11:12
I was concerned with the temps of my LX3 reaching 48c but when I saw that the GBQ was regularly reaching 60c I stopped worrying
and I also bought one of them infra red digital thingamyjigs :D

Ojustaboo
30-08-14, 15:08
It is not reaching 100deg, the reading is incorrect. :trustme: i've checked with a infra red digital thermometer.

I believe you totally, case is only slightly warm to touch.

But for some reason when my box thinks it's at 100, it's rebooting.

I can keep looking at the info, over 3 odd mins it will vary between 94 and 93, then another 3 odd mins 95 and 94, then another 3 odd mins 96, 95, then 97,96, then 98,97, then 99,98 then within the next 3 mins without fail it reboots.

And I can repeat this time and time again.

So for some reason the false reporting on my box causes it to mistakenly think it's overheating and shutdown.

Joe_90
30-08-14, 15:27
I've found code in fancontrol which will cause the box to shut down if it reaches a set temperature, but I would have thought this code would/should only apply to boxes with fans - unlike the Quad/Quad+. It would appear that you are hitting a magic number and enigma is rebooting the box, even if it's an erroneous reading. Have you tried going back to the older bootloader I linked to? Maybe the newer bootloader is causing the CPU to clock a little faster and is raising the actual temperature slightly and the incorrect temperature reading is tipping the max end of the scale for enigma, even though it's probably not running too hot in actual fact. Speculation on my part - yes!

Ojustaboo
30-08-14, 15:36
Stef initially didn't want me to flash the box at all, hence I held off.

But he just asked me to try

http://image.openmips.com/4.0/loader/gigablue_bootloader_gbquad_20130507.zip

with Apollo 24.

They seem to be the same drivers you suggested,

I've tried it, same problem. Two things recording, watching a 3rd, as soon as it hits 99, I can wait 3 - 5 mins and it reboots.

But it's not the same bootloader I originally had, my original one didn't display the flashing info on the TV

Joe_90
30-08-14, 15:48
That flash progress bar feature was implemented some time back and is embedded in the images. It's nothing to do with the bootloader as such - that just initiates the box and looks for a valid image to boot or load from a USB flash drive. But anyway, I seem to be behind the timeline in your other threads as you have now flashed the old bootloader and reverted to 024 and still having issues. Indicates some form of overheating which although is probably not 100C, is being reported as such and something in enigma is shutting the box down for protection.