PDA

View Full Version : Trying to flash via usb stick

Comfysofa
29-08-14, 19:37
As above gents....done it loads of times but this time it doesn't work....ive tried a few different memory sticks but none of them work unless ive happened to pick some that don't (the last time I flashed it I did use another stick which I now cant find....

Anyway since ive last flashed it ive done the capacitor repair and its working again, not sure if that's had any effect on it...

so, power off (flash drive with image on it) power up, I see for a split second as it tries to find the usb then carries on booting....

Anyone had this?

cheers to any one that chips in...

Comfy

Larry-G
29-08-14, 19:41
If you are using a ViX image try the "couch" flashing method by using the Image manager to flash the receiver.

Comfysofa
30-08-14, 09:30
Never done that before...I presume this is done through the remote??

Larry-G
30-08-14, 09:32
yes it's all done through the remote.

you can download the image directly from there then use the restore option to flash it.

Comfysofa
30-08-14, 14:08
Sorry "from there" - not sure where that is.....I did try plugging the "usual prepped" usb in the front and then going through the menu's to see if I could see it but nothing....I did go to the restore part but it saw nothing....is the restore/flash done from a different type of image??

Comfysofa
30-08-14, 17:44
Ah - Im thinking that I can update the image using the vix tools....I don't think I can as the latest build says you have to do an install from scratch...

Larry-G
30-08-14, 18:02
Blue button- ViX - image manager - download image (yellow button) then highlight and restore that image you just downloaded. But please wait a while as build 028 is building (failed to build the first time round ).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comfysofa
05-09-14, 18:16
Sorry been working all week - just trying it now. Thanks very much for your help.....ill keep you posted....

Cant seem to get it over the remote....ive downloaded it - if I ftp it over which directory do I put it in??

Ah - sorry - I had to jump back a menu to see the downloaded zip....cheers....

nsw9154
05-09-14, 18:26
Couch Flash works a treat I was always a USB man now I am a Couch Flasher :D :cool:

Comfysofa
05-09-14, 19:41
Brilliant - that worked - thanks very much.