PDA

View Full Version : Issuses recording 2 FTA channels at the same time with timers

Mavarick
29-08-14, 00:03
I have a issued where I can not record 1 particular FTA channel and another at the same time
Running Apollo 026,
All I get is a pixelated recording. all other channels are fine as long as on same TP,
This has been doing this for quite a while and I don't know what I have done or what to do to fix this,
I am in New Zealand and its off Optus D1 160°.
all channel strengths are 75-77%, I can record the channel fine by itself, so there must be a conflict some where.
any help would be much appreciated

Mav

cactikid
29-08-14, 02:31
how have you got tuners set up ,twin feeds? if on same tp you should be able to record 3 on 1 tuner,if on different tp second tuner is needed,check cables are secure.

Mavarick
29-08-14, 02:48
Hi, I have them set up a loop through, , they are different TP's parents one does the same, since upgraded to Helios for them, so might have to go back and try the older unsupported image to see. I can recorded 2 of the TP , but just this one channel is a bugger

abu baniaz
29-08-14, 06:27
If you have two separate cables from dish, you should not be using loop through.

Mavarick
29-08-14, 20:37
Hi, I am only using the 1 cable, we have only about 15 FTA channels here all of the same satellite,
trails last night show if watching and recording the problem Prime channel its fine, records ok.
if watching another now is pixulated and sat strength drops to 65%. have still to try the older images where it worked fine

Mavarick
29-08-14, 21:53
I was having a looking the recording settings, and 'preferred tuner for recordings' was set to disabled,
I did not touch this,
I have set to auto and will try and record the same channels again to see what happens

thestoress
29-08-14, 23:28
Sorry, just edited my post, just read your query again, picked it up wrong first time around

Mavarick
30-08-14, 05:40
Nope same thing one channel fine and the and the other pixulated. what a bugger

Mavarick
26-09-14, 21:20
I have just looked and had Tuner 2 as equal to,
when earlier I said it was looped through,
as I have only 1 sat feed into Tuner 1 which would be the best set up, loop through or egual to?

thanks

judge
26-09-14, 22:55
On the Duo, cable to tuner A, tuner B set as loopthrough.

Mavarick
27-09-14, 09:55
Many Thanks Judge. I did 3 sets of records while I was out so far 2 were great the third is due during the night. so far so good