PDA

View Full Version : i want the sharpest crispest pictures :)

BRAVEHEART
22-11-10, 20:23
AS i have discusssed with sicillian before, this 50inch model of panel i have has a very very soft picture, so he already knows what i'm on about.

I am more so talking about the HD channels here now, the SD channels not so much.

i tried adjusting the sharpness setting on my tv menu and it didnt appear to do anything at at to the sharpness ( not that its not already pretty good looking already), i also noticed some sharpness settings in the DUO menu, but i didnt touch them much as i didnt know what they would do, and i also notice another load of options in the duo menu which may or may not effect sharpness.

i just want the HD channels as crystal clear and sharp as possible, and obviously give or bit a little for the crappy SD channels cause believe it or not my wife still watches a couple, lol
hheheheh.

the tv i have is same as sacilians as i said, this is the tv here
http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/NeoPDP+Plasma+TV/TX-P50G20B/Overview/3569508/index.htm

only difference being thats the new model and it has HD freeview, apart from that its identical, i think sicilians is a 42inch and mines a 50, so mines shows anything apart from HD as very very Soft picture.

anyways, i hope people understand what i am on about here and what i want,

thanks guys.

rememeber and give a little give n take for those daft wifies wanting some SD channels, hehehehehe.

silverfox0786
22-11-10, 20:28
was that a rand or was that a question?

personally just try the setting in setup/system/av settings you can always go back if you dont like the result

Sicilian
22-11-10, 20:31
You need to tweak you video settings to suit your taste.

Menu > Setup > System > A/V settings > Scaler

Menu > Setup > System > Video Enhancment Settings

martyd
22-11-10, 20:35
on the panny remote go to menu picture i think its viewing mode and there are presets there i think mine is on cinema but its pretty good, i also have a pioneer 42 and the panny dont come anywhere near it audio or vid but the panny is still pretty good

bassethound
22-11-10, 20:36
If you go to AV Forums in the Panasonic G20 Owners Thread you will find all your answers

Maxwell
22-11-10, 20:55
If you go to AV Forums in the Panasonic G20 Owners Thread you will find all your answers

Plus a lot of other info you would rather not know about your panny :roflmao:

bassethound
22-11-10, 20:59
Plus a lot of other info you would rather not know about your panny :roflmao:

Would take all evening just to read the thread from start to end LOL

BRAVEHEART
22-11-10, 23:35
You need to tweak you video settings to suit your taste.

Menu > Setup > System > A/V settings > Scaler

Menu > Setup > System > Video Enhancment Settings

whats the ones that make it sharpest though and theres other things there too, i dunnoo what they do, you know what i mean man, went on about it in that other forum often enough ?? and should i just leave the sharpness on my actuaul tv about 3/4 high too or up full, nothing really seems to change anything on the picture when your watching HD channels its mad init, maybe it is changing but we just cant see it , but one thing i do know is that the changes are well noticable in SD channels/

pooface
22-11-10, 23:38
whats the ones that make it sharpest though and theres other things there too, i dunnoo what they do, you know what i mean man, went on about it in that other forum often enough ?? and should i just leave the sharpness on my actuaul tv about 3/4 high too or up full, nothing really seems to change anything on the picture when your watching HD channels its mad init, maybe it is changing but we just cant see it , but one thing i do know is that the changes are well noticable in SD channels/

It's all about personal preference mate ;) Go through the settings and give it a try. I've got some andrex wet wipes here as well if you want a go with them ;)

Whilst we're talking about crispest pictures, anyone got any mccoys for me :) (oops, sorry, just realised you said crispest, not crispiest ;))

BRAVEHEART
22-11-10, 23:54
It's all about personal preference mate ;) Go through the settings and give it a try. I've got some andrex wet wipes here as well if you want a go with them ;)

Whilst we're talking about crispest pictures, anyone got any mccoys for me :) (oops, sorry, just realised you said crispest, not crispiest ;))

lol, ok ok, sharpness is the word.

theres a load of items in the menu and i just dont like touching things unless i know what the mean and do firstly.

pooface
22-11-10, 23:59
lol, ok ok, sharpness is the word.

theres a load of items in the menu and i just dont like touching things unless i know what the mean and do firstly.

Re-read ny post. If you're driving instructor never put you behind the wheel, you'd never be able to drive ;-)