PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Different remote button actions

wbarrett
27-08-14, 21:48
I am still getting random restarts as a results of a remote button push. I cannot get a pattern but it does not happen in 24 but does happen in both 25 and 26.

I do see however a different button behavior. In 24 and all versions prior, if there is nothing on the screen but the received video, pressing the up or down arrow causes my favorites (bouquets) to pop up.

In 25 and 26, pressing the up or down arrow causes the current bouquet to open instead now.

Was this change in remote button operation intentional? If not, perhaps this is a clue to something in the remote processing having issues beyond the jumping of channels.

===
Bill

nsw9154
27-08-14, 21:54
Did you update to 26 from 25 as Apollo25 had issues with channel hopping but it was fixed in build 26, but if you did a back up from 25 that might be your problem
my LX3 was virtually unusable with 25 so I did a fresh clean install of Apollo 26 yesterday and every thing is fine now :D

just noticed that you did not do a settings restore my Duo2 seems to be working perfect on 26

judge
27-08-14, 22:01
I am still getting random restarts as a results of a remote button push. I cannot get a pattern but it does not happen in 24 but does happen in both 25 and 26.

Are any crash logs being generated? have a look in /home/root/logs/

wbarrett
27-08-14, 22:39
Ok... I had 5 crash logs in there but pressed the remote buttons until it restarted here is the crash log that resulted from the remote button restart 36686

The five from previous crashes are here 36687

===
Bill

wbarrett
27-08-14, 22:42
Did you update to 26 from 25 as Apollo25 had issues with channel hopping but it was fixed in build 26, but if you did a back up from 25 that might be your problem
my LX3 was virtually unusable with 25 so I did a fresh clean install of Apollo 26 yesterday and every thing is fine now :D

just noticed that you did not do a settings restore my Duo2 seems to be working perfect on 26

I built 25 from absolute zero. It was crashing so I imaged it and went back to 24. When 26 came out I reloaded 25 the upgraded to 26 using the restore.

I can go back to 24 image all works without issue and remote up / down buttons work as expected.

===
Bill

judge
27-08-14, 22:45
Can you post a screenshot of your Menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V settings?
Any autoresolution plugins installed?

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/VideoMode.py", line 305, in VideoChangeDetect
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '29970\n29970\n'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method AutoVideoMode.VideoChangeDetect of <class 'Screens.VideoMode.AutoVideoMode'>>,()) failed)
]]>

wbarrett
27-08-14, 22:52
Not sure how to get a screenshot judge. My settings are:

Video output. HDMI
Auto Resolution. Disabled.
Mode. 1080p
Refresh rate. 60 Hz
Display 4:3 as. pillarbox
Display 16:9 as. letterbox
Dolby down mix. Yes
AAC down mix. Yes

Only plug ins are the standard VIX ones and MyMetrix and OpenStore.

===
Bill

judge
27-08-14, 23:04
Does it crash without MyMetrix and OpenStore installed?
I prefer to use telnet &

grab -d -p /tmp/grab.png
to take screenshots. There are a few other ways though if you can't use telnet?
AV settings here:
Any reason you're using 60 Hz?

wbarrett
27-08-14, 23:21
I live in Florida, USA..... Makes 60 Hz a requirement : ). My plasma TV is not 50/60 compatible so if I have to rebuild from scratch is is a massive pain as ithe auto detect never works. I have to use analog video out to set HDMI and 1080p and 60 Hz then switch back to HDMI input on TV to continue set up. One of the disadvantages of adopting a Euro box here in North America but the Vu+ and OpenVIX is so much better than that crap from China it is well worth it!

===
Bill

wbarrett
27-08-14, 23:22
I will test without MatrixHD skin installed and get back with you judge.

===
Bill

judge
27-08-14, 23:27
Ah, that explains the 60 Hz, not the crash.
Still something funky in your settings causing a BSOD though, not the TV.
To illuminate MyMetrix and OpenStore issues, obviously a pain with your set-up, but please try with a fresh flash & no plugins.

wbarrett
28-08-14, 14:59
MetrixHD seems the source of my crashes. Button behavior is still different as previously described. Only way to get favorites now is up arrow then BLUE. I will continue testing

===
Bukk

wbarrett
28-08-14, 15:51
OK... seems MetrixHD is not the source of the crashes. All I have done is load 26 and rebuilt from scratch. I just had another crash as a result of a channel up remote button press. I have no Plug Ins loaded at all ... just the vanilla OpenVIX 26.

Attached is crash log. Looks the same as previous. 36698

===
Bill

judge
29-08-14, 00:28
Button behavior is still different as previously described. Only way to get favorites now is up arrow then BLUE.

Up/Down & then blue button has been the way to bring up favourites/bouquets in ViX images for a long time now.
Try the TV button on the remote using default settings if you want favourites/bouquets on first button press?
If not, some options can be configured, please post your expected button press & screen result.

Lothar2
13-11-14, 22:10
judge

Can you post a screenshot of your Menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V settings?
Any autoresolution plugins installed?

Hello,

same crash i have on all Apollo since i have my Duo2 (064?). autoresolution is off and no autoresolution plugin installed. attach crashlog from today with build 080.
If the crash come most time i get following -> from HD to SD, HD to play a recorded SD, Sd-Channel change from 4:3 movie to 16:9 advertising. I can not provoke the issue, one day ok and other day it come twice.

judge
13-11-14, 22:35
Don't know why but you're also getting a tune failed just before the crash.

[Dish] tuning failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/VideoMode.py", line 310, in VideoChangeDetect
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method AutoVideoMode.VideoChangeDetect of <class 'Screens.VideoMode.AutoVideoMode'>>,()) failed)
]]>
If you set refresh rate = multi in the above screen, do you get the same crashes?

Lothar2
13-11-14, 22:52
Yes, i have since VIX 3.0 set to "multi" and only the last few days on 50hz. When the crash come it is the same.

To this crash: I have watch TV>open movielist>play recorded SD>immediate pressed twice Vol-

Tune failed? Thereof I did not notice anything.

judge
13-11-14, 23:10
To this crash: I have watch TV>open movielist>play recorded SD>immediate pressed twice Vol-

Just tried that exact recipe on Solo2, no issues.
Have you done a reflash of build 80 without any settings restore & no extra plugins installed?

Lothar2
14-11-14, 00:21
No, last clean flash was build.078.
But as it is written. Some days nothing happens and then again once or twice a day. So far I could discover no system behind it. At this time i can do the same, but it come no crash.

judge
14-11-14, 00:38
At this time i can do the same, but it come no crash.
So, no current issue?

Lothar2
14-11-14, 07:34
So it is. This crash is not to provoke. Most often this was I believe up to build .071
If he comes, then the situation is quite different. The only similarity, it usually changes the moment the transmitted video format. (HD> SD / 4:3>16:9)

DaMacFunkin
14-11-14, 09:26
I have just looked at your crash log and I have the same problem on my duo2, I have had it for builds spanning the last 8 weeks, it is hard to make the crash happen but I can sort of predict when it will happen, I will post my crash log when I get in from work tonight, mine aurally happens when I do anything that involves accessing video preview window (recordings page, channel list) whilst a recording is in progress, but can happen when changing between SD and hd also...

Lothar2
14-11-14, 11:35
Hello,

because of my constant problems with Apollo at last hours i have now clean install build .080. No Plugins installed, no HDMI-CEC, no Skin changed, autoresolution off (720p/50Hz), no old files restored. only i have do a scan at 19,2E and setup all VIX default Menu settings to my Favourite settings.
At last thing after a reboot now i will edit Favourite(TV) direct in the Box Menu and after i switch from ZDF HD to RTL Television(SD) on channellist preview window, the crash come back "with base 16:" :eek::confused:

I think the cause of this problem is the real reason for crashes,segfaults and spinning VIX in various online streams. but what's wrong in the Image? How can I help it to find out everything? Is it a problem of Gstreamer?

Edit: next crash during edit chanellist. i switch from SWR HD to SWR SD (with base 10: ) Spinning VIX, no automatic reboot. After hard reboot(PowerOff 10sec) direct the next crash with same failure (+ [Dish] tuning failed), start channel was "Das Erste" HD.

Trial
14-11-14, 14:45
Hi Lothar2,
I zapped very hard between SD and HD and also 4:3 and 16:9 today and could not get my Duo2 to crash. So I cannot test it and I have to give it a shot in the dark.

Could you try attached VideoMode.py?

Ralf

Lothar2
14-11-14, 15:27
Hello Trial,

i think you have fix this problem. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I have now sortet a new channel list, how i have do it in the morning. At the situation in the morning come the crash, now for 0,5sec i see a black screen. Also i have test any stream in MediaPortal and can no more provoke (with base 10/16:) failure.
It see good at this time.

THX for your fix.

Now we can go to last VIX issue? :sofahide:

rtmpdump and Segfault?

After setting up the new Channellist i have installed IPTV_list_updater and setup german list "German with EPG"
Every Time i play a Stream from this list, i can see spinner and the Box reboot.

Lothar2
14-11-14, 16:46
And here a other situation with http stream. play ok but at at the end of file come the crash.

eServiceMP3::stop http://stor29.streamcloud.eu:8080/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/video.mp4
doEofInt:
eServiceMP3::state transition PLAYING -> PAUSED
eServiceMP3::state transition PAUSED -> READY
Timeout!
*** Error in `/usr/bin/enigma2': double free or corruption (out): 0x687d1240 ***
TuxTxt stopped service 785
cleaning up
TuxTxt cache cleared
PC: 769748fc
00000000 72e383c3 00000000 6eb068e0
00000573 000005bb 00000006 00000000
00000391 76aa4098 76944000 00000001
76aa32e4 76944000 769440d4 00000001
6eb068e0 76aa4000 76aa4000 6eafe470
6eafe558 00000001 7646b000 769cbfc0
00000018 76974890 00000000 00000000
76aafe20 6eafe3c0 6eafe5f0 76979604
-------
Killed
(sent by pid 4098, uid 0) <--
[!] Close signal : 2
[!] Abort signal : 6

For "double free or corruption" i have found this:

Three basic rules:

Set pointer to NULL after free
Check for NULL before freeing.
Initialise pointer to NULL in the start.

Combination of these three works quite well.

Trial
14-11-14, 17:45
Hi Lothar2,
good to hear that but also a bit curious. I use OpenViX all the time and I am big zapper. If someone should have your problem then it had to be me.

After setting up the new Channellist i have installed IPTV_list_updater and setup german list "German with EPG"
Every Time i play a Stream from this list, i can see spinner and the Box reboot.
Which stream for instance? I tried several but none worked at all. Do I need something else installed like your famous rtmpdump (:-))?

Ok one worked "Das Neue" but without any problem.

Edit: I saw that one crash was on ARD HD but this does not work for me.

Ralf

Lothar2
14-11-14, 18:02
Yes, "Das Neue" will play, but after twice "OK" to fade out the Channellist DUO2 crash. see log.
Can it be, that my crash problems come from setting "preview=Yes" in Channellist?

The other streams that no play i think are streams with "rtpm://" ("Das Erste") And this streams need rtmpdump file in \usr\bin\

I have attached one ipk, but i cant install. If i copy manual to the Box i become a crash at the download begin.

Edit:

Edit: I saw that one crash was on ARD HD but this does not work for me.

On my Duo2 it crash any time.

DaMacFunkin
14-11-14, 21:40
Sorry to jump on this thread and i will start my own if you like, i've just flashed to 080 and with a recording in progress i have been able to reproduce this crash on my duo2 with the same 16 base as the op, it was when i went from a hd channel to a sd channel, i have just copied and pasted the last bit, i don't really want to post the full log publicly because there is a lot of info in there but privatley it is available.

[eDVBLocalTimerHandler] diff is 0
[eDVBLocalTimerHandler] diff < 120 .. use Transponder Time
[eDVBLocalTimerHandler] not changed
sdt update done!
[EPGC] start caching events(1415996694)
VIDEO_GET_EVENT - ok
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/VideoMode.py", line 306, in VideoChangeDetect
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 16: ''
]]>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>
</openvix>

judge
14-11-14, 21:52
i don't really want to post the full log publicly because there is a lot of info in there but privatley it is available.
Just for your info, no sensitive information is stored in debug or crash logs.

Lothar2
14-11-14, 22:00
unzip the file from Trial in post 24 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40138-Different-remote-button-actions&p=325547&viewfull=1#post325547) .
copy the file per ftp to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Screens, rename old VideoMode.pyo in directory to VideoMode.org, then reboot.

Now test and report.

PS: the same you can do with InfoBarGenerics.py from post 20 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41775-change-remove-disable-inbuild-Movie-Player&p=325010&viewfull=1#post325010) this will fix crash press "Audio" in Mediaplayer.

DaMacFunkin
14-11-14, 22:02
Channel info is, do you want the log? do you also need tuner information etc? i have cable and sat tuners, both internal and usb, crash is usually always when switching between different types or using both, like that crash was whilst i was recording from cable and browsing sat, it is usually the other way around. I have also had this on my solo2 occasionally, but as i don't tend to zap or browse the channel list whilst recording on the box it very rarley happens, both boxes have cable and sat tuners.

judge
14-11-14, 22:08
Channel info is, do you want the log? do you also need tuner information etc?

Nope, please do as Lothar2 suggests above & report back.

DaMacFunkin
15-11-14, 08:11
I have uploaded the the file on my duo2 and as of yet I havnt been able to reproduce the crash, I will give it a sound thrashing later when I get in from work and report back.
P.s. Is this file compatible for solo2 also?

Rob van der Does
15-11-14, 08:39
Yes .

Trial
15-11-14, 09:39
Hi Lothar2,

Yes, "Das Neue" will play, but after twice "OK" to fade out the Channellist DUO2 crash. see log.
Can it be, that my crash problems come from setting "preview=Yes" in Channellist?

again a big difference between you and me. No problems at all and I also have preview enabled. Are you sure you use a Duo2:-)

btw. crashlog was missing.

ciao

Lothar2
15-11-14, 10:39
Yes i think i use a Duo2. the Box come from a serious dealer in my City. Are Clones on market?

to the Problem. i have deactivate "preview" and crash come also. Have now test "Das Neue TV" and "Dresden Fernsehen", without preview off.
"Das Neue TV" - run once today ok( test two minutes). next play it crash after any seconds. now i can play it no more longer then 2-3sec, then spinning VIX and reboot
"Dresden Fernsehen" - any time begin to play and after 2-3 seconds spinning VIX and reboot

Why? buffer? lose stream? You can run both on your Duo?

I`m restore VTI 7 image backup and do the same both channels run perfect. so i think Duo2 have no defect, or should I let them exchange?

Lothar2
15-11-14, 12:17
Hello,

no i have play long time in VTI7-image with channels from list "Deutschland mit EPG".
-many channel not begin to play, it show spinner for 10-15 sec and then come only a blank screen in mediaplayer, so i can simple go back to channellist and change to other channel. no crash.
-lots of channel must select twice after first 10-15sec spinner to begin play. no crash.
-if channel begin to play, then stream play without problems over a long time. no crash.
-lots of channels begin instantaneous with play. run perfekt. no crash. (e.g. all channels beginning with "OK-xxxxx" and "MDR Plus")

back to VIX = "OK-xxxxx" and "MDR Plus" play no more and crash any time the Duo2. So i think my Box can not have a defect.

Trial
15-11-14, 17:46
Hi,
no problem at all with Das Neue und Dresden. Did you use an image with addons only from the feed or did you install something manually like rtmp? Ich sehe gerade Mit Schirm, Charme und Melone auf Das Neue:-)

Ralf

Lothar2
15-11-14, 19:23
curious you must have a other DUO2. :D

my addons all from feed. and today at last i have restore a .080 backup without Skin and HbbTV, but with full setup and epgrefresh.
tomorrow i go on an made the test with clean image without setup or download anything. if not ok so i test with Wlan and Swapfile.

Trial
15-11-14, 19:33
Hi Lothar2,
I mad some more tests. rtmp must be working properly on OpenViX as Das Neue und Dresden are also rtmp streams. The spinner is normal when the server cannot be reached and they should disappear after 2-3 minutes. I tested with ARD HD and ARD. After the 2-3 minutes the box responses normally. As always I did not have a single crash:-)

ciao

Lothar2
16-11-14, 08:51
Good morning,

now its a Clean .080 on the box. Only restore Bouquet and nothing changed in settings. It work better. No crash. the server cannot be reached show spinner vor 1 minute, then the box responses normally again.
But, "Das Neue" often play only Sound and many other channels need long time to begin. Dresden TV run jerky. bad network?
Now i do setup the Box one after the other and show when crash come back. will report later.

About "rtmp". Do you have MediaPortal on your DUO2 and run MyVideo streams correctly?

Trial
16-11-14, 09:16
Hi,
with IPTV everything can happen because they are often unofficial streams. Das Neue plays quite OK and Dresden has very bad PQ.

I tested 3 MyVideo streams from the first 3 MyVideo entries and they played fine. With MyVideo2 I have sometimes problems. Any special video I should check?

ciao

Lothar2
16-11-14, 09:23
You have Mediaportal from feed? Updated from itself installed?

Lothar2
16-11-14, 09:58
Edit:

Now i have changed in channellist settings "preview=on" and have installed MediaPortal from feed without update.
IPTV still work without crash.

to MediaPortal:
with standard setting "rtmpdump verwenden=Nein" no MyVideo stream will run. but no error, no crash. see screener.

38552 38551

with setting "rtmpdump verwenden=Ja" i get this error message:

How do you do to run MyVideo? :confused:

IPTV from channellist is at this time but still ok. I will continue with the setup.

Lothar2
16-11-14, 11:54
Problem found! MediaInfo from Feed is the cause. :thumbsup:
If Stream/IpTV is problematic to play or begin not immediate to play (display spinner) then VIX crash with segfault. uninstall MediaInfo and reboot VIX will not fix the problem.
First log after install MediaInfo, second log after uninstall MediaInfo.

after all i have install/deinstall i have do a reboot!
-install Mediaportal=all ok
-install HbbTV=all ok
-install my picons= all ok
-setup paths(EPG, logs, e.g.) =all ok
-install MediaInfo= crash
-uninstall MediaInfo=still be crash
-FactoryReset in Menu and restore my Vix .078 settings without plugins=still be crash (on build .078 mediainfo was also installed)
-remove MediaInfo entrys from "settings"=still be crash

next to do list:
-FactoryReset without restore settings=?????
-install MediaInfo(newer/older Version and not from feed)= ?????

Lothar2
16-11-14, 12:34
-FactoryReset without restore settings=crash (mediaInfo and other plugins are not delete after a FactoryReset! Why?)
-manual delete MediaInfo and entrys from settings = all OK :thumbsup:

next to do list:
-install mediainfo from other source (newer/older Version)= ?????
-restore .080 backup and install MediaInfo from other source (newer/older Version)= ?????

Larry-G
16-11-14, 12:48
-FactoryReset without restore settings=crash (mediaInfo and other plugins are not delete after a FactoryReset! Why?)
-manual delete MediaInfo and entrys from settings = all OK :thumbsup:

next to do list:
-install mediainfo from other source (newer/older Version)= ?????
-restore .080 backup and install MediaInfo from other source (newer/older Version)= ?????

Factory reset is the wrong term to describe this function in my opinion but it has always been named so going all the way back to the first enigma images. All a factory reset does is wipe the user area of the image, it does not remove any plugins you have installed, it's a fairly useless feature as far as I am concerned and really should be removed or updated if possible.

Lothar2
16-11-14, 13:02
THx phoenix,

for info about FactoryReset. and yes, as it is currently it should indeed be removed or updated if possible. :)

Update about MediaInfo segfault:
-manual remove and install attached Version 2.5=all OK :thumbsup:

This was a difficult birth. Please Update MediaInfo on feed.

Gruss Lothar

@Trial

I tested 3 MyVideo streams from the first 3 MyVideo entries and they played fine.

How do you do that? :confused:
-rtmp=off = no stream begin to play
-rtmp=on = Error message

Rob van der Does
16-11-14, 13:30
Update about MediaInfo segfault:
-manual remove and install attached Version 2.5=all OK :thumbsup:

This was a difficult birth. Please Update MediaInfo on feed.

Done for build 087 (taking your word for this version working fine; I didn't test it).

Lothar2
16-11-14, 14:11
I do now the same on my latest imageBackup from .080. I hope i have also segfault any more. Report follow.

Lothar2
16-11-14, 14:45
there must be also a problem with other plugin or updated plugin in my full image backup.
If i restore my last full image backup .080 and do the same:
-FactoryReset without restore settings
-manual delete MediaInfo and entrys from settings (without install the new Version)
the segfault will not gone. :confused:

I go Clean from.

Lothar2
16-11-14, 16:15
I give up. :smash:

same clean begin as in the morning, always segfaults after install HbbTV and MediaPortal in one session->reboot. And not even have installed MediaInfo.
There must be a deeper problem with Image. Or i must reboot after each plugin?

Rob van der Does
16-11-14, 16:31
Does your start up channel have HbbTV support? If so, try an other service, that doesn't.

Lothar2
16-11-14, 16:54
Yes most time used startchannel have HbbTv. i will restore, change and try.

Trial
16-11-14, 21:19
Hi,
I always start on a channel with HbbTV so this could not be the reason. As for MyVideo I did not change anything. Which video should I try? I only tested the first video by pressing OK several times in the 3 MyVideo entries.

ciao

Rob van der Does
16-11-14, 21:23
I always start on a channel with HbbTV so this could not be the reason.
This does give me issues quite often.
An other difference between your box and others :)

Lothar2
16-11-14, 22:57
Hi,
I always start on a channel with HbbTV so this could not be the reason. As for MyVideo I did not change anything. Which video should I try? I only tested the first video by pressing OK several times in the 3 MyVideo entries.

ciao

So it is. And for MyVideo, on my Vix no one Video will run. fu..... rtmp. :( Please make a full Backup from your Duo and send to me. i`m a :baby: in Linux. I think you have anything installed more give you rtmp support. but what? You use ApolloHD?

Does your start up channel have HbbTV support? If so, try an other service, that doesn't.

HbbTV as startchannel have nothing to do with it, test negativ. I have now all plugins deinstalled, removed cccam, remove samba, remove channelist, clean "settings" and plugin folder, but i become IPTV no more to run on my old backup image. Segfault all time.
shame me, that i do not a backup from working nearly finished Vix in the morning. I was very sure that MediaInfo was the cause, but on my backup image the way from morning doesn't work.
The curiosity, go i return to VTI, s i can do install many many Plugins, copy old settings and and and, no one crash and IPtV+MyVideo run smoth. :confused:
It must be to find but why VIX clean run, and after setup no more.

Lothar2
17-11-14, 00:46
It can come from record or epgrefresh in backgroud? Last i have new downloaded and flash with a other stick. install only epgrefresh, IPTV updater, do all setup, restore Autotimer and timer. IPTV run. then start a record from Sat1_SD and from this time on IPTV segfault begin.

Good night

Trial
17-11-14, 08:56
Hi,
I test with a recording in the background. As I record only once in a while it might be a reason.

ciao

Lothar2
17-11-14, 09:43
No, i have now test without Hdd, without USB, without setup anything. only channelsearch and install IPtvListUpdater = OK. Then install HbbTV reboot = rarely segfault. Install more plugins without setup = always segfault
I think now it is deeper, how Phoenix say must be kernel reason.
What remains only the questions. Why it worked once yesterday. And i could reproduce it by install/deinstall/reinstall MediaInfo. :confused: And why it work with other OE-Alliance images? only my lovely OpenVix make my this problem.

Can it come from mediaplayer? before segfault always the same failure in chrashlog.

start release channel timer
getResolvedKey config.mediaplayer.useAlternateUserAgent failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.mediaplayer.extraHeaders failed !! (Typo??)
RemovePopup, id = ZapError
KEY: 352 OK
IBTS show
eServiceMP3::state transition NULL -> READY
IBTS tunerShow
IBTS updateNextTimer 1
[EPGC] schedule finished(1416212108)
[EPGC] stop caching events(1416212108)
[EPGC] next update in 60 min
[VideoMode] setting aspect: 16:9
[VideoMode] setting wss: auto
[VideoMode] setting policy: panscan
[VideoMode] setting policy2: letterbox
[DVBCAHandler] no more services
release cached channel (timer timeout)
[eDVBLocalTimerHandler] remove channel 0x2c774b8
[eEPGCache] remove channel 0x2c774b8
stop release channel timer

Trial
17-11-14, 09:48
Hi,
when you do couch flashing you get a note about bad blocks. What is your number? On my Duo2 there were 6 bad blacks the last time I did a full flash.

ciao

Lothar2
17-11-14, 09:53
couch flashing ? What this is? I flash from floor. :D You mean buildnumber? Its always .080, but builds before are the same problem.
Bad Blocks where i can see this?

Lothar2
17-11-14, 10:41
At this time VTI7 on my Duo2 /var/volatile/log/massages shown two bad blocks.

Lothar2
17-11-14, 11:43
And now i have flash first .080 from VTI (Couch flashing), then download .080 in Vix Backupmanager to HDD, and Couch flashing from HDD Vix Backupmanager again. Massage: 6 bad blocks
let's see if it works better if it flash without USB-Stick.

Lothar2
17-11-14, 13:23
simply, no variation. :(
Next test if a new build/kernel is viable.

anyone have "openvix-3.0.808-vuduo2_usb.zip" in its archives? Can you give me a link? This build was my latest on old Duo and this build over one year works great.

Lothar2
19-11-14, 14:21
Hello,

good news. :thumbsup: I have found cause for "Segfault" = LCD4Linux config.

After install .088 and only restore Channellist the IPTv/Streaming was ok, but after restore my LCD4Linux config the segfault come back. After this i set LCD4Linux back to "standard" the segfault gone again.
After this i have install/setup all my plugins and settings ad let LCD4Linux at default. No Segfault to provoke. :thumbsup:
Then i restore again LCD4Linux config backup and the segfault occurs again.

Here the settings which caused the segfault: 38619 See someone VIX problematic details in this file? Under all other images this file caused no segfault.

@Phoenix

contain build .088 VideoMode.py and InfoBarGenerics.py fixed from Trial?

@Trial
About MyVideo in MediaPortal, can you run MyVideo or only MyVideo2 streams?
MyVideo2 i can run nice with rtmp=off in setting, but not MyVideo. If i set rtmp=on i become massage "rtmp not installed".

Trial
19-11-14, 15:53
Hi,
glad you finally found a reason:-) I had never thought that LCD4Linux might be the cause.

MyVideo: As I said I tested the first 3 MyVideo entries of the main menu simply by pressing OK until a movie started. I did not care about the title:-) Do you have a special title I should take a look at?

ciao

Lothar2
19-11-14, 15:59
Titel is all the same, e.g. MyVideo >AlleFilme>Sparks :confused:
Can you enable rtmp in MediaPortal and caching files in MyVideo?

Setup

File

rtmp off

rtmp on

install rtmpdump

if i install manuel librtmp-bin to DUO2 then i become crash attached:

DaMacFunkin
19-11-14, 16:56
Just to add I havnt had any video mode crashes, cheers judge, will this file be added to future image releases or will I have to overwrite every time I flash?

Lothar2
19-11-14, 19:24
Hello,

good news. :thumbsup: I have found cause for "Segfault" = LCD4Linux config.

and here the exact cause. crash come only if stream/media/IPTV has no/wrong time indication and Progressbar in LCD4Linux is set to something other than "normal".
If the stream an faulty time indication, then sees the "normal" in that way. set to "gradient" and VIX crash with segfault.

Hope it help to fix in VIX. Was hard to find. :lifting:

Trial
19-11-14, 19:32
Hi Lothar2,
bad news:-) MyVideo Sparks and also MyVideo2 streams without problems. MyVideo2 is very very very slow at start with gathering information.

ciao

Lothar2
19-11-14, 20:46
Hi Trial,

here it is just the opposite. MyVideo2 very fast and MyVideo will not begin to play. :confused:

Have you under \usr\bin\ a file named "rtmbdump"?

Lothar2
21-11-14, 13:26
unzip the file VideoMode.py from Trial in post 24 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40138-Different-remote-button-actions&p=325547&viewfull=1#post325547) .
the same you can do with InfoBarGenerics.py from post 20 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41775-change-remove-disable-inbuild-Movie-Player&p=325010&viewfull=1#post325010) this will fix crash press "Audio" in Mediaplayer.

Hello Trial,

yesterday at end of a Record and i`m in Channellist the base16 crash come again under build .089.
In build .089 your fixed files now integrated or not?

Hi Trial,

here it is just the opposite. MyVideo2 very fast and MyVideo will not begin to play. :confused:

Have you under \usr\bin\ a file named "rtmbdump"?

Fixed, found a VIX compatible Version. ->> http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42141-(S)-librtmp-bin_2-46c-ipk-compatibel-to-Apollo-gt-062&p=326938&viewfull=1#post326938

Trial
21-11-14, 20:12
Hi Lussi22,
my fixes should be integrated. Do you have crashlog? If it is base26 error it is easy to fix for me now.

ciao

Lothar2
21-11-14, 22:41
No that crash is again base 16.

i attach a log from this evening. I think crash came this time in Movielist or channellist after end of play a video.mp4.

Trial
22-11-14, 09:38
Hi Lothar2,
you have a very funny box. Are you sure that it is an original Duo2? The routines that make problems on your machine are >1 year old and beside me there are some other Duo2 user which use OpenViX. Same reason different file. Try attached converter.

ciao

Lothar2
22-11-14, 10:07
Even my old Duo was a funny box. But with VIX 3.0.7xx it then ran perfectly. I use determined only slightly different settings than other users. :D see "gradient" in LCD4Linux.
I think it is a original Box, because problems in other Image-plugin combinations generate the same problems as other users have. Only VIX is different than in others.
I always seem to good boxes for find error.

THX for fixed ServiceInfo.py. However, it may take some time with feedback, since the error occurs rarely and can not be reproduced.

Trial
22-11-14, 19:58
Hi,
in this area ViX is a bit different. Because gstreamer sometimes delivered wrong or missing video information especially with downloaded or streamed videos ViX uses the information the hardware delivers in /proc/stb/vmpeg which is reliable and important for instance when using auto resolution.

You can take a look for yourself in VideoMode.py.
OpenViX uses:

if path.exists("/proc/stb/vmpeg/0/xres"):
f = open("/proc/stb/vmpeg/0/xres", "r")
try:
video_width = int(f.read(),16)
except:
pass
f.close()

The try/except is because of you:-)

Most other images are using

video_width = int(info.getInfo(iServiceInformation.sVideoWidth))

and rely completely on gstreamer.

ciao

Lothar2
22-11-14, 22:02
thx for information about the issue. if the information from hardware in /proc/stb/vmpeg is reliable, why it crash only from time to time and can not be reproduced with same file? Is there a too short timeout set somewhere and my Box or fingers too fast?

Trial
22-11-14, 23:23
Hi,
it should be a driver/hardware problem. With reliable I mean the information you get. As I said with only gstreamer sometimes frequency or other information was wrong and this means that AutoResolution or Multi for frequency could not work reliable.

ciao

Lothar2
22-11-14, 23:40
it should be a driver/hardware problem.

Can Ubi-Error (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40662-dmesg-line-error-UBI) have something to do with that my box behaves differently?

Trial
23-11-14, 08:17
Hi,
what ubi-error? ubi is the file system of the flash and can be cause of funny behavior.

ciao

Lothar2
23-11-14, 09:14
But, if "UBI error: ubi_open_volume: cannot open device 0, volume 0, error -16" mean "define EBUSY 16 /* Device or resource busy */" then i must have no flash, or?

is this ok so?:

root@vuduo2:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 862.3M 143.6M 718.7M 17% /
devtmpfs 687.4M 8.0K 687.4M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
/dev/sda1 931.1G 605.5G 325.6G 65% /media/hdd
/dev/sdb1 7.2G 292.5M 6.9G 4% /media/usb
tmpfs 687.5M 320.0K 687.2M 0% /var/volatile

root@vuduo2:~# free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 1375 229 1145 0 8 76
-/+ buffers/cache: 143 1231
Swap: 0 0 0

Next i have time i will see in dmesg in VTI if there is the same massage.

Trial
23-11-14, 11:00
Hi,
I think this means that it is mounted and no thing to worry about.

ciao

Lothar2
07-12-14, 12:11
Hi Lothar2,
you have a very funny box. Are you sure that it is an original Duo2? The routines that make problems on your machine are >1 year old and beside me there are some other Duo2 user which use OpenViX. Same reason different file. Try attached converter.

ciao

Hello Trial,

after Update to 095 the invalid literal for int() with base 16: '' is back. Have the Update change ServiceInfo.pyo back to unfixed dafault? Is fixed in 097?
At this Time the crash occurs my wife only would select a other Channel from Channellist.

Lothar2
07-12-14, 16:14
and after update to build 097 the same failure come back. this time i have play a file from RTLnow.