PDA

View Full Version : Emptying the Trashcan

rinaldi82
27-08-14, 17:33
Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a quick way to empty the trashcan in VIX?

I tend only to delete recordings when I am running low on space so it can be quite a lot of files (100's at points) that I have to sit and go through pressing 'red' and 'ok' to get rid of.

Is there a short-cut to doing this via the box or is this something that can be done via FTP or telnet?

If none of the above would it be possible to add this functionality somewhere along the line into the firmware?

Cheers.

kev1372003
27-08-14, 17:35
I think If you press the menu key whilst In the trash can then you will get various setting that might help?

Stanman
27-08-14, 18:01
As Key said press menu in movie list and than permantly delete

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

rinaldi82
28-08-14, 07:21
Cheers guys, found the option to do it. In case anyone else is wondering when you open your media/movie folder highlight deleted items and hit menu to get the permanent delete option :)

duoduo
28-08-14, 07:38
Or just got to the trash can icon and press the colour for delete (think red from memory) and this will also delete everything permanently.

billy2222
28-08-14, 07:38
I just hightlight trashcan and press the red button to delete everything.

rinaldi82
28-08-14, 14:44
Cheers everyone :thumbsup:

Bruzza
03-09-16, 11:20
Hi , My question is - after deleting a movie ( red button ), how do you access and permanently empty the trashcan ? It is accumulating . Not mentioned in VIX manual. Thanks
Please disregard this message

adm
03-09-16, 11:29
Hi , My question is - after deleting a movie ( red button ), how do you access and permanently empty the trashcan ? It is accumulating . Not mentioned in VIX manual. Thanks
Please disregard this message

To delete everything in the trash can just highlight the trash can folder and press the button for delete. The trash can folder will remain but all its contents will be removed (after a prompt asking if you want to do this)

Also, highlight the trash can folder and press menu button on the remote and then select settings.
There is an option to remove items after x number of days after being moved into the trash can.