PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] EPG Dissapering after a re boot

nsw9154
27-08-14, 15:36
since I loaded Apollo26 in yesterday when I turn the receiver off by switching off at the rocker switch to do a re-flash I Loose all my epg settings
I have been trying to get one of my old 4gig Kingston memory sticks to get recognised, this USB Memory stick has never failed even with my Solo2
but today well actually 30 mins ago I tried to see if I could get the Duo2 to recognise the memory stick again but the receiver just booted up as normal
but when it loaded the TV screen I got a strange Hardlink to Timeshift failed message :confused: and when I took the USB stick out and checked it on my PC their was a Timeshift and movie files on it and the Epg had gone all my settings are as I normally set them up, I noticed the same thing yesterday after I had set it up but I just thought that I had forgot to set it up so I did a ABM and CrossEPG scan so I know that I had set it up correctly
and I always put the receiver in to Deep Standby before I turn the rocker switch off

here are a few screen shots to explain

36681 36682

Larry-G
27-08-14, 15:49
If you are having issues with the USB stick it could explain why there is no EPG data when the receiver is being powered up (assuming your EPG is being saved to the USB stick). Try setting it to the internal HDD as it won't negatively affect the receiver running from the HDD as opposed to the USB stick.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

nsw9154
27-08-14, 16:11
Just did a few more tests and I think that it could be related to that memory stick, I have turned the receiver off and back on from the rear switch - from Deep Standby - without that memory stick loaded and every thing boots up and loads correctly, tried it again with said memory stick plugged in and got no EPG showing so it's the memory stick that is causing the problem -Sorry for wasting your time I should have done a few more tests before entering a BUG REPORT reloaded my backup back in and every thing is fine

Larry-G
27-08-14, 16:14
Just did a few more tests and I think that it could be related to that memory stick, I have turned the receiver off and back on from the rear switch - from Deep Standby - without that memory stick loaded and every thing boots up and loads correctly, tried it again with said memory stick plugged in and got no EPG showing so it's the memory stick that is causing the problem -Sorry for wasting your time I should have done a few more tests before entering a BUG REPORT reloaded my backup back in and every thing is fine

A genuine question or plea for help is never a waste of time, after all if you did not ask how would you know ?. It's people who don't even attempt to help them selves who are fronded upon and going by your posts is certainly not you, so don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

nsw9154
27-08-14, 16:39
Cheers Mate :D