PDA

View Full Version : Script for automatically change networkspeed to 100mbit when booting the box ...

snoopy2013
27-08-14, 09:55
Hi,

with my Solo2 I have since the new kernel and the new drivers unfortunately always problems with the gigabit network (sporadic dips in the speed). :(

After set the interface limited to 100 Mbit/s (telnet: "ethtool eth0 speed 100 duplex full -s autoneg on") there are no more problems. :)

I would therefore now automatically change the network speed (till the driver issues are resolved) when booting the box.

I now therefore simply writtern a very simple scipt "network100mbit.sh" with content:

#! /bin/bash
ethtool eth0 speed 100 duplex full -s autoneg on

and then executed with this attribute (755) copied into the directory "/etc/init.d" and then linked to this in "/etc/rs.Sd":

"ln-s /etc/init.d/network100mibt.sh S99network100mibt.sh"

After rebooting the box output of "ethtool eth0" but then shows still 1000Mb/s ... :confused:

When I use the script "network100mbit.sh" manually by remotecontrole using "dream explorer", the speed is changed, however.

Does anyone have an idea where my mistake is that the script is not run automatically when booting the box?

Would be very grateful for any help.

Regards

PS:
Please excuse my bad english!

DaMacFunkin
27-08-14, 12:54
Just swap the cable for a cat 5, your router and box should then auto sense and self set to 100 mb.

snoopy2013
28-08-14, 07:32
First of all thank`s for your answer.

My connection from box to router is with powerlan (devolo dlan650+ with gigabit port). Following your advice, it was possible to set "green mode" (100mbit) for the dlan adapter over the router (avm fritzbox). Now the network of box works fine with 100mbit. Thank`s for the good idea! :)

Nevertheless I hope, that VU+ published soon as possible a fix for the driverbug ...

If anyone has an idea why this with the automatic run of my "srcipt" by booting the box doesn`t work, please report as that would interest me, regardless of the solution now found yet. ;)

Regards

DaMacFunkin
28-08-14, 08:07
There are many ways to break an egg lol ;)