PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Sundtek USB DVB-C/T/T2

briz
27-08-14, 00:14
Hi,

Thinking of purchasing one of these from the sponsor. I have both the DVB-S2 and DVB-C/T tuner modules, but can only use one at once on the Vu+ Uno. Just wondering what the zap times would be like using the Sundtek DVB-C/T/T2 USB stick on the Vu+ Uno, compared to say the the built in DVB-S2/DVB-C/T tuner modules? Anybody have experience of this? Any information gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Briz

tappari
27-08-14, 06:01
I don`t have experience of Uno, but I have two pieces of those in Duo2 and one in Ultimo. Never had any problems. What you have to do with ViX, is to load sundtek control center plugin and then open it, select what mode you want (for example T2) go to menu and with button one load the drivers. Then just start tuner with bluebutton. In Setup/Service searching/Tuner configuration you obviously set Sundtek to right mode.

briz
27-08-14, 08:33
Thanks. Since the Uno & Ultimo share the same CPU/SoC I guess it should be OK. So on the Ultimo are USB zap times about the same as using internal tuners or longer? I've heard of longer zap times when using USB sticks, but not with this particular combo of receiver & stick.

Also, do you have to start the tuner through sundtek control center after every boot, or just once after installing?

Thanks again!

tappari
27-08-14, 10:33
Zap times are about the same as with plugin tuners. You only start it once after installing. In sundtekcontrolcenter there is line:Autostart.
Just put there:yes.

briz
27-08-14, 17:32
Thankyou tappari for your very prompt and helpful responses. I think you've earned the sponsor a sale :)

leonius
27-08-14, 20:55
Thankyou tappari for your very prompt and helpful responses. I think you've earned the sponsor a sale :)

i am using one on my uno and it works great.iv got it plugged into a usb hub aswel so I am able to get another one and have a twin tuner

Montyburns88
12-11-14, 01:02
i am using one on my uno and it works great.iv got it plugged into a usb hub aswel so I am able to get another one and have a twin tuner

Sorry if this is asked elsewhere.
1. If on a vu+ duo, can the tuner be used alongside the built in sat tuners?
2. Also if you want a twin cable tuner you need to purchase another usb tuner?
3. Am i right in saying that a hub would be needed to connect the above 2 usb tuners?
Any advice would be great thank you.

abu baniaz
12-11-14, 01:11
Sorry if this is asked elsewhere.
1. If on a vu+ duo, can the tuner be used alongside the built in sat tuners?
2. Also if you want a twin cable tuner you need to purchase another usb tuner?
3. Am i right in saying that a hub would be needed to connect the above 2 usb tuners?
Any advice would be great thank you.

1. Yes
2. yes
3. Don't know, how many USB ports does the Duo have?

Montyburns88
12-11-14, 01:29
2 at the back so no need for a hub. Can the usb tuners be prioritised as default or does it just pick up the next available tuner? Thanks for the swift reply. ...

abu baniaz
12-11-14, 01:39
2 at the back so no need for a hub. Can the usb tuners be prioritised as default or does it just pick up the next available tuner?
It uses the tuner that has the service you select. No need for prioritising.

However, if you are spending 160 for new tuners, might be better off getting a newer receiver and flogging this one?

Montyburns88
12-11-14, 02:10
However, if you are spending 160 for new tuners, might be better off getting a newer receiver and flogging this one?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I do like the duo though. Thanks for your help.