PDA

View Full Version : Can't record & watch another channel. HELP!

mabozza
26-08-14, 17:35
I can't record & watch another channel on the Miraclebox Mini Twin. Have tried all sorts of different tuner configurations but when the box is recording every other channel goes blank.

Larry-G
26-08-14, 17:37
Do both tuners have a feed each from the LNB ? or a single feed going to one tuner ?.

abu baniaz
26-08-14, 17:39
Please describe on what is at the other end of the cable/s. dish/motors/lnbs/number of ports on lnb/switches and number of cables.

mabozza
26-08-14, 23:14
Shot-gun cable running from static dish & both tuners set to simple/single/sat position.

abu baniaz
27-08-14, 00:08
FTA or scrambled chanenls. If scrambled chanenls, which cam and version number?

Disable one tuner at a time and perform a conventional scan. Do channels received tally from both scans?

mabozza
27-08-14, 22:04
It's not just happening with 1 receiver, have 2 receivers setup the the same on seperate dishes/lnb's/cables. I can view free-to-air channels while recording but not scrambled channels, using ccam 2.2.1 Both receivers are flashed with atv, the next step was to try vix or factory image. Only time I've seen something like this was with an amiko alien box using oscam. Although, not much worked properly with the alien at that time!!

Larry-G
27-08-14, 22:34
It's not just happening with 1 receiver, have 2 receivers setup the the same on seperate dishes/lnb's/cables. I can view free-to-air channels while recording but not scrambled channels, using ccam 2.2.1 Both receivers are flashed with atv, the next step was to try vix or factory image. Only time I've seen something like this was with an amiko alien box using oscam. Although, not much worked properly with the alien at that time!!

are we talking about a local card here or cardshare ?, I only ask as we have a clear policy here that we do not provide support for cardhare issues.

mabozza
27-08-14, 23:01
The issue is with the receiver not c/s issues, the only reason I mentioned cams or scrambled channels was I was asked which cam & version!! This is a support forum for world of satellite is it not? ? The receivers were purchased from there & rather than phoning/emailing world of satellite I thought I could get help here, but now you're telling me if it's about c/s I won't receive help! Correct me if I'm wrong...
I would like to know what is causing this as it clearly states on the packaging & description the receiver could potentially record 7 different channels.... I only want to record 1 & watch another!

judge
27-08-14, 23:20

are we talking about a local card here or cardshare ?, I only ask as we have a clear policy here that we do not provide support for cardhare issues.
Perfectionly reasonable question based on original post.

The issue is with the receiver not c/s issues, the only reason I mentioned cams or scrambled channels was I was asked which cam & version!! This is a support forum for world of satellite is it not? ? The receivers were purchased from there & rather than phoning/emailing world of satellite I thought I could get help here, but now you're telling me if it's about c/s I won't receive help! Correct me if I'm wrong...
I would like to know what is causing this as it clearly states on the packaging & description the receiver could potentially record 7 different channels.... I only want to record 1 & watch another!
Yes, this is a support site used by WOS, we also try to provide support in many areas that WOS has nothing to do with.
If you want ViX image support, this is probably the best place.
Most of us here don't use ATV & use more up to date cams, I think @pheonix might still use the cam you're using on ViX without issue though.
I still wouldn't think
The issue is with the receiver not c/s issues More than likely image/set-up issues.

mabozza
27-08-14, 23:37
No worries Judge, thought it may have been an image/setup issue & a change of image was my next step just wanted to check I had setup the tuner config correctly, I know I have because I followed the advice from another post that had jpegs attached. All I wanted to know was if there was any other changes that needed to be done ie in the recording setup or preferred tuner. But I get accused of talking about c/s, no need!!! Thanks for your reply, will try out vix image & see how that goes.
Cheers

abu baniaz
27-08-14, 23:41
If you have confirmed FTA channels are OK and conventional scan results are fine, try CCcam 2.30 for the card in the receiver.

Larry-G
27-08-14, 23:48
But I get accused of talking about c/s, no need!!! Thanks for your reply, will try out vix image & see how that goes.
Cheers

You were not accused of any thing, I simply asked you a question to ascertain weather or not this was a CS issue.

judge
27-08-14, 23:53
But I get accused of talking about c/s, no need!!!

Nobody accused you of anything? :confused:
Let us know how you get on with other images & cams.

mabozza
02-09-14, 23:14
If you have confirmed FTA channels are OK and conventional scan results are fine, try CCcam 2.30 for the card in the receiver.

Thanks abu baniaz, you are a legend! :thumbsup: cam version change sorted the problem!