PDA

View Full Version : How to specify where AUTOTIMERs save their recordings?

steveharman
25-08-14, 19:39
Hello!

Via Menu > Timers > AutoTimers I've created a "wildcard" timer that looks for a certain programme title between 2pm and midnight, weekdays on Channel 5. So far so good, the autotimer found six matches and created the timers. Great.

Trouble is I want the recordings made by the autotimer stored in a folder I've created, not the default of hdd/movie.

With a manual timer this is easy, just select the location when setting up the timer. But there didn't seem to be an option for specifying the directory (folder) that AUTO-timer recordings are saved in. Sure I can go into an auto-timer-generated-timer and specify the directory to save the recoding in....but that only [seems to] change the directory for that individual timer, the change isn't reflected across all timers created by my AutoTimer.

Did I miss something along the way?

Cheers,

Steve

judge
25-08-14, 19:49
Long press green for a list of auto-timers.
Highlight the one you want to change & press OK.
Scroll down to 2nd last option - Use custom location.

Joe_90
25-08-14, 20:20
As judge says, you need to change the custom location in auto-timer, but if it's created the actual timers, you will need to delete them first, then edit auto-timer and save. It will then recreate the timers.

steveharman
25-08-14, 20:34
Fannntastic, both tips worked perfectly thanks.

Steve