PDA

View Full Version : anyone from glasgow or west scotland ?? i was wanting to ask a question

BRAVEHEART
22-11-10, 18:51
as i'm very new to the duo i dont know anything about it.

my wife would be happy if she could get channels 12345, bbc 1 scotland,bbc2 scotland, Stv HD, CHannel 4 HD and channel 5 (is there 5 HD yet ).

can someone either tell me VERY step by step how to or even better if you can do it for me and stick it on a file ready for a usb stick, i dont want to mess other channels up though, thats the problem.

i also have a lappy, so i can connect that up and we could use something like teamviewer too if needed so you can connect to the box.

thanks.

Larry-G
22-11-10, 18:58
yes it's very possible to tailor your own bouquet packs to your regional variations. although it's not something i do my self and therefore i'm not absolutely not sure on the best way to make a tutorial thats user friendly. we do however have some very talented people on the forum such as silverfox0786 who may be able to help you and i'm sure he will when he see's this thread.

silverfox0786
22-11-10, 19:02
i'll have a look into getting a scottish one sorted

as i dont live in scotland i'm not 100 percent sure what channel numbers on the sly box stv hd is can you confirm this the others im guessing are same

BRAVEHEART
22-11-10, 19:04
cheers mate

silverfox0786
22-11-10, 19:49
Hi i have made a simple bouquet for you with main Sly channels

Panic Button 0 101 BBC1 Scotland
101 BBC1 Scotland
102 BBC2 Scotland
103 STV
104 Channel 4 Scottish
105 Five [Default Region]
135 Channel 4+1 Scottish
140 Channel 4 HD [Default Region]
171 Five HD [Default Region]
178 STV HD

All other channels unchaged and present

i have also added regional channel bouquets if you wish to watch other regions.

To install please use dbedit tutorial on this forum

BRAVEHEART
22-11-10, 22:35
Hi i have made a simple bouquet for you with main Sly channels

Panic Button 0 101 BBC1 Scotland
101 BBC1 Scotland
102 BBC2 Scotland
103 STV
104 Channel 4 Scottish
105 Five [Default Region]
135 Channel 4+1 Scottish
140 Channel 4 HD [Default Region]
171 Five HD [Default Region]
178 STV HD

All other channels unchaged and present

i have also added regional channel bouquets if you wish to watch other regions.

To install please use dbedit tutorial on this forum

yes but what about the channels that are already there, or are there channels already there or does it just nudge them along a litttle bit ?
do i need to use my laptop for this or what ? remember i'm a noob.

silverfox0786
22-11-10, 22:38
Alll sly epg channels are in the bouquet along with the ones i mentioned

use dbedit to transfer them if you do a quick serch for dbedit on this forum you will find numerour tutorial on how to put them on your box

silverfox0786
22-11-10, 22:42
there you go here it is the tutorial

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

BRAVEHEART
22-11-10, 23:10
there you go here it is the tutorial

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

this involves ftp'ing doesnt it ?? if so, we tried the other night ftp'ing and the box would not connect whatever we done, in the end up the guy had to do what it was we were doing and make it up so that it could be done using a usb stick, thats 100% honest, still never figured out why the ftp wouldnt work. (it wasnt this we were doing, it was something else)

silverfox0786
22-11-10, 23:14
when you ftp you log into box ip the username is root and the password is left blank port 21

use filezilla

or long press blue then green to add plugins scroll to bouquets and instal B16MCC the only thing is iit wont be scottish

notanotherone
23-11-10, 20:24
whats the first bouquet in your set up ? as the first channel in there will be numbered number 1
if its tv then you can do it all by remote
if say the first bouquet is tv
put it onto any channel
press ^ button just above the ok
press menu
tab to enable move mode and press ok
goto the channel you want to move
goto it press ok it should turn red
using the ^ arrow again keep pressing it and youll see your channel move up
keep doing this till you have each channel in the order you want
once done press menu again
goto disable move mode and press ok
job done

BRAVEHEART
23-11-10, 21:46
i took a picture for ya.

i cant even find STV HD on my box anywhere :(

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 21:52
BRAVEHEART use the screen grab feature its far easier than taking a camera picture and then uploading it to pc then posting.

Telnet into box

If you wish to do a screen grab without the image of the channel you are watching.
Usefull for when you want to only grap the current screen of a menu item

grab -o -p /tmp/grab.png [change grab to the file name you want it to be]

If you wish to do a screen grab with the image of the channel you are watching
Usefull for when you want to show a channel or an error in the channel/program

grab -d -p /tmp/grab.png [change grab to the file name you want it to be]

your png files will be sent to /tmp retreive via FTP

BRAVEHEART
23-11-10, 22:02
thanks mate, but my box isnt connected to a pc 24/7, only when i need to do something, and even at that its a pain in the ass as its all built in etc, so its a bit of a job, thats why i hate ftp'ing or even talk of it, loll. thought the usb ports would take away the need for this ftp crap :(

Larry-G
23-11-10, 22:20
well if you dont want to do any of that FTP crap, you may as well give up now as FTP is a massive part of the linux box scene.
personally i have 24 port network switch hooked up to every box / pc and games console i own and it makes life a damned site easier

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 22:27
well if you dont want to do any of that FTP crap, you may as well give up now as FTP is a massive part of the linux box scene.
personally i have 24 port network switch hooked up to every box / pc and games console i own and it makes life a damned site easier

can i have your switch :p

Larry-G
23-11-10, 22:28
can i have your switch :p

lol if i can find a link i'll post it because if i remember i only paid £20 for it new.

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 22:31
lol if i can find a link i'll post it because if i remember i only paid £20 for it new.

that would be great mate could do with some thing like that at the mo i got a 4 port router 1 is used to connect a linksys 4 port hub then again on another 4 port hub very messy lol

Larry-G
23-11-10, 22:36
had a quick look. i originally bought it from ebuyer when i bought this laptop 2 months ao but now the same switch is selling for almost 10 times that price.

have a look at this one though.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/182022

BRAVEHEART
23-11-10, 23:18
being honest, i'm only interest in having the channels working and thats it, not interested in anything else, always been the same with all boxs ive had,, i'm not into any the fancy things it can do in the slightest, i probably might not even put hard drives in it, there again i might if those sky + one will fit

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 23:23
being honest, i'm only interest in having the channels working and thats it, not interested in anything else, always been the same with all boxs ive had,, i'm not into any the fancy things it can do in the slightest, i probably might not even put hard drives in it, there again i might if those sky + one will fit

i know what your saying thats what every one here wants to watch a bit of tv. but no matter how you ice the cake it needs icing and a linux box is an open source style box that needs parctically everything done by the end user. so telnet maybe you can get away with not doing but like your other thread if you want scottish bouquets to replicate a sly box ftp is mandate. or then you just go for the scan and leave the channels jumbled up. and as pheonix said with out being rude if this is not some thing you wish to do then you have seriously purchased not onl the wrong box but no box but the official sly box will get you where you want to be.

BRAVEHEART
23-11-10, 23:30
lets face it, what does stv and bbc scotland show that is different from the main channels, nuffin !, plus i have freesat too so i can always swictch to that, or virgin v+, so spolied for choice, lol;, ohh and sky, LOL

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 23:33
lets face it, what does stv and bbc scotland show that is different from the main channels, nuffin !, plus i have freesat too so i can always swictch to that, or virgin v+, so spolied for choice, lol;, ohh and sky, LOL

well in that case you buying a duo was the old saying got more money than sense

charliesen
24-11-10, 00:28
Honest mate its really not that hard at all and great fun when you know what you are doing.
I was new to sat stuff till about 6 months ago ( cable man ) and all the talk of ftp / var /etc / telnet freaked me out.
Just take it bit by bit and you will be fine.
First thing to do though is connect to a pc. You can do this with an ethernet cable or homeplugs if the pc is far away from the duo.
Then just play with dreamboxedit and dreambox control center ( DCC ) and ask a few questions and we will get you loving it

BRAVEHEART
24-11-10, 02:18
well in that case you buying a duo was the old saying got more money than sense

yes but the others just have the free channels which are xxxxxxxxxxxxx

charliesen
24-11-10, 02:22
You will only get the FTA channels on the duo aswell unless you get it connected to a pc and some other programs that we are not allowed to talk about on here

BRAVEHEART
30-12-10, 04:58
thanks to scoot1690 I am all sorted, see this thread here and give the guy a thanks, he deserves a big pat on the back after the time he spent helping me out, so please thank him for me cause you never know when you could need someone like this yourself, he done everything and 100 times more :) >>>

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?5035-I-m-giving-a-big-shoutout-to-scoot1690-!&p=38935#post38935