PDA

View Full Version : Miraclebox Mini and IPK not appearing in vix menu 'Install local file extension'

snapplejacks
25-08-14, 08:05
Hi,

I'm trying to run a plugin IPK by FTP into var/volatile/temp and then install directly on the box by going into VIX and install local file extension, but the IPK does not appear on screen. Anyone know why that might be ?

Thanks,

Stanman
25-08-14, 08:11
Drop it straight into tmp folder.

What's the full name of the file?

You going into blue button /vix / install local extensions?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

snapplejacks
25-08-14, 08:15
I'm doing as I do for all previous IPK's and dropping into tmp folder. previously all ipk's then appeared on box in vix/install local file extension but for some reason, this one isn't showing up. I've never worked with a miraclebox, so things just a little bit different, but i am familiar with vix so there shouldn't be much difference really.

oh, and the file is my mgcamd1.38

Andy_Hazza
25-08-14, 09:16
Install mgcamd from the feeds

snapplejacks
25-08-14, 09:28
Install mgcamd from the feeds

i was just doing it the same way as i did for the octagon and xp1000, any particular reason why the same would not work on a miraclebox ?

i will retry tonight

Larry-G
27-08-14, 18:13
i was just doing it the same way as i did for the octagon and xp1000, any particular reason why the same would not work on a miraclebox ?

i will retry tonight

The ViX Image is identical for all supported receivers, barring where subtle hardware differences may come into play, so there should be no reason why it would not work. was the .ipk file compressed for example in a .zip file ?. and is it a .ipk file you have used in the past ?. Also you could try a full reboot then FTP the file back to the receiver and try again.