PDA

View Full Version : Apollo 025 Reflash Stuck with red light

Brownbear1984
23-08-14, 22:28
Hi All

I noticed that for the Apollo 025 update we have to reflash. I just tried and my GB Quad is stuck with a red light. Do I need a new bootloader for this update as I've never flashed the bootloader since I got it last year. If so which bootloader do I need and can anyone post a link to it?

Thanks

Brownbear

abu baniaz
23-08-14, 23:35
Bootloaders are here
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/

judge
23-08-14, 23:43
Don't think we've ever needed any bootloaders for GBQuad?
My Quad gets stuck on red light every now & again. A powerdown for a few minutes usually sorts the issue.

rossi2000
23-08-14, 23:54
new bootloaders are required for all new gb images.

judge
23-08-14, 23:56
new bootloaders are required for all new gb images.

Have you a link to GBQuad bootloaders?

Brownbear1984
23-08-14, 23:58
Ahh that would be why then. I've managed to fix it flashing a bootloader from another site it was dated 24.07.14 is there a recommended version? There is no bootloader for the quad on the regular download site.

Stanman
24-08-14, 00:26
24th July is the latest one and will do the job.

All latest ones are on the openvix site

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/

judge
24-08-14, 00:45
24th July is the latest one and will do the job.

All latest ones are on the openvix site

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/

Don't see any GBQuad bootloaders there?
Haven't had a chance to update it to build 025 yet, so still not expecting to do a bootloader update? :confused:

rossi2000
24-08-14, 01:06
there not on openvix site

they are here tho:-

http://image.openmips.com/4.2/index.php?open=loader

judge
24-08-14, 01:09
Thanks Rossi, is it required for a post 23 build?

Rob van der Does
24-08-14, 01:34
Yes, for the SEplus, UEplus, GBQuad and GBQuadplus.

judge
24-08-14, 01:45
Which build number Rob?
ViX build 23 running fine here on UEplus & GBQuad without bootloader update. :confused:

Rob van der Does
24-08-14, 01:46
> 23, build from OE vs 2.3

judge
24-08-14, 01:55

Official link to a new GB bootloader would be handy so. Also needs to be uploaded on ViX server pretty fast.

Rob van der Does
24-08-14, 02:00
http://image.openmips.com/4.2/index.php?open=loader
I'll upload them.

Rob van der Does
24-08-14, 02:07
Done.
Also uploaded new bootloaders for the ET8k & 10k (allowing images up to 200MB to be flashed).

Rob van der Does
24-08-14, 02:16
Also uploaded new bootloaders for the ET8k & 10k (allowing images up to 200MB to be flashed).
Maybe somebody can announce that? There is no real need to update those bootloaders, but there were quite a lot of reports of failed flashes due to backups that were too big.

Mr. Mister
24-08-14, 02:28
Should not have been an issue Rob.. As build 025 requires a full fresh flash.. with no backups allowed..

judge
24-08-14, 02:37
Should not have been an issue Rob.. As build 025 requires a full fresh flash.. with no backups allowed..

As long as we have the required bootloaders to flash.
Thankfully 025 is still set as unstable.

Rob van der Does
24-08-14, 06:07
Exactly. And it isn't.

Rob van der Does
24-08-14, 06:12
Sorry, must be >24.

rasp
24-08-14, 11:39
Flashed the se plus with 025 no probs

Joe_90
24-08-14, 12:02
Flashed the se plus with 025 no probs
Did you install the new bootloader first?

I was running 025 with the old bootloader and was having problems with HDD playback on my Quad Plus. Made a settings backup and then flashed new bootloader. Fresh flash of 025 followed by settings restore. All ok now.

rasp
24-08-14, 13:26
No i did not just flashed it going to load softcam and cccam.cfg. Have not got hard drive connected trying to share hard drive on my pc.Says its there in the mount manager but cannot view files will get there .

steveharman
24-08-14, 14:56
Just flashed my GB Quad (not Plus) with bootloaders from the OpenVix site and now my box won't boot! Gets as far as spinning the HDD but then it spins down and the box shows a red LED on the front panel but goes no further. If I stick the USB stick in the rear USB port and power-cycle the box it recognises that an image needs flashing and prompts me to OK it again... :-(

Helllllp / suggestions PLEASE!

Cheers,

Steve

Brownbear1984
24-08-14, 14:58
Just flashed my GB Quad (not Plus) with bootloaders from the OpenVix site and now my box won't boot! Gets as far as spinning the HDD but then it spins down and the box shows a red LED on the front panel but goes no further. If I stick the USB stick in the rear USB port and power-cycle the box it recognises that an image needs flashing and prompts me to OK it again... :-(

Helllllp / suggestions PLEASE!

Cheers,

Steve
Did you reflash 025 again after flashing the boot loader that's what I did to get mine up

Larry-G
28-08-14, 01:18
Flash the bootloader again then power down and flash the image. But make sure you use the correct bootloader for your receiver.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

madaboutlotus
30-08-14, 18:47
Did you install the new bootloader first?

I was running 025 with the old bootloader and was having problems with HDD playback on my Quad Plus. Made a settings backup and then flashed new bootloader. Fresh flash of 025 followed by settings restore. All ok now.

Hi
Do you flash the bootloader the same as a new image? Trying to go from 023 to 026 and it wont flash. Did not happen on my Solo2?

Joe_90
30-08-14, 18:54
Yes - I flashed the bootloader the same as I would for a normal flash. Then powered off the box and flashed the new image.

madaboutlotus
30-08-14, 18:57
Yes - I flashed the bootloader the same as I would for a normal flash. Then powered off the box and flashed the new image.
OK, When I try that, the box does not come back with a message to press the power button or the OK button as a new flash would do. It reads the USB stick but does nothing? Shall I try a 025 flash first?

Tried a 025 flash and when the warning triangle disappears that all that remains is the Gigablue logo and nothing else happens?

Joe_90
30-08-14, 19:01
This is on a Quad, yes?

madaboutlotus
30-08-14, 19:07
This is on a Quad, yes?
Yes it is a Quad HD not a plus

Joe_90
30-08-14, 19:39
Ok - wasn't 100% sure as you had mentioned Solo also. I take it the bootloader flash put up the "image detected press the ok button" splash screen and that process worked ok? Afterwards you deleted the bootloader from the USB stick and replaced with with 025 image. And this image is not being recognised by the box? Are you sure you used the Quad bootloader and not a Quad+ one? They are not interchangeable. The bootloader for the Quad+ will look for the directory structure gigablue/quadplus and the Quad bootloader will look for gigablue/quad. Apologies if I'm coming across as condescending, but it's vital to get the files correct for the different boxes.

richardinspain
30-08-14, 19:47
Ok - Afterwards you deleted the bootloader from the USB stick and replaced with with 025 image. And this image is not being recognised by the box? .

Hi This happened to me in exactly the same way...I flashed new bootloader, then deleted from stick and put 025 it flashed but wouldn't boot..Tried to go back to 024 but had problems with booting..but eventually managed to flash 024 and restore my settings...Tried 026 today, which flashed ok, set it all up without restore..then found out that i have the same problem of playback of recordings as others...so try 026 see if it flashes for you...and hope the recording/playback gets sorted soon

madaboutlotus
31-08-14, 08:10
Hi This happened to me in exactly the same way...I flashed new bootloader, then deleted from stick and put 025 it flashed but wouldn't boot..Tried to go back to 024 but had problems with booting..but eventually managed to flash 024 and restore my settings...Tried 026 today, which flashed ok, set it all up without restore..then found out that i have the same problem of playback of recordings as others...so try 026 see if it flashes for you...and hope the recording/playback gets sorted soon
Thanks guys for the support, I will double check the bootloader out this morning and have another go. When I loaded the original bootloader the box did state image detected press the ok button, but it looked as though it was loading but it may be what fat-tony stated and was the wrong one. The reason why I mentioned my Solo2 is because I just flashed the 026 image without any issues with bootloders and yes the recordings are back fine now with the 026 image. I'll post an update later guys.

If nothing works again, it's scratch the head time :confused:and ask for help from all you wonderful people on this forum.

madaboutlotus
31-08-14, 10:59
Well at last I have my box back from what I thought may have been the brickyard. I started from scratch, made sure the bootloader was for the Quad and not the plus, formatted the usb and copied the bootloader. Flashed the box and all seemed ok. I reformatted the usb again, loaded the 026 image on and flashed the box. Initially the select ok screen disappeared after about 2 secs, so I powered down and flashed again. This time I hit the ok button as soon as it appeared and it took the flash. Box is now back with the backup I made yesterday. Great help guys. If it goes strange over the next few days I'll post again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Joe_90
31-08-14, 12:22
Good stuff - the "press ok" when a flsh update is detected does disappear off the screen very quickly. It's the same on the Quad+ and caught me out the first time I flashed! Glad you're back in action. However, I'm back on 022 image because I have been having odd issues with playback on 025/026, due I think to problems with new drivers from Gigablue which have been included with the latest linux kernel and images. I'll stay on 022 for a while and see if all is stable. After that, I'll have to check on other forums to see if othes are having issues with new drivers.

richardinspain
31-08-14, 12:36
Glad you got it sorted...Normally it's quite straight forward to flash but with the new boot loaders it has added a bit of confusion. Funnily enough i have done a few tests of recording and play back on 026 and it seems to be fine at the momet

madaboutlotus
31-08-14, 19:27
Hi fat-tony
Well the first flash when I did get it on as per the last flash was very unstable. The box was rebooting at random times with different remote actions, recordings were a joke. I had one programme in about 20 bites all at the same time stamp! So no option but to reflash again with 026 and see what happens. The only reason I went to 026 from 023 was because I was having recording problems, never tried 022 which you say is more stable. Update again with any issues.

Joe_90
31-08-14, 23:17
A slight misunderstanding - I'm not suggesting 022 is more stable than 023 or 024. It's just that I had a decent settings setup and backup for that image. The driver and linux kernel changes that caused the playback issues started in image 025. There are postings all over the OpenATV forum about playback issues on Quad and Quad+ on the OpenATV 4.2 image, which is on the same drivers and kernel as ViX 025 onwards. They are waiting on drivers changes from Gigablue. I assume that info will be announced here once it's released.

judge
31-08-14, 23:29
Using current builds: IMO, VU have finally got it right except for their HDMI-CEC. PQ better than ever on SD, HDMI-CEC worse than ever, depends on compatible HDMI-CEC TV though.

madaboutlotus
04-09-14, 07:07
Well 028 was a disaster. My quad had the recording issues I suffered from on 026 as the box was switching off every 1.3 mins. Tried to do an online update but the box would switch off before I had a chance to load the update. I have flashed to 029 this morning but it would not take the 028 backup as it was not compatible with the 029 image? If this image does not work then I will go back to maybe 022 until I get a stable image. I'll post an update if any failures appear.