PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Any way to schedule re-scanning of channels ?

steveharman
23-08-14, 14:15
My Gigablue Quad is set to wake up in the small hours, download fresh EPG data & switch itself off again.

Is there a way I can achieve the same thing for running an automatic re-scan of channels? Even once a week might be handy to catch the various frequency changes etc.

Cheers,

Steve

abu baniaz
23-08-14, 14:33
ABM can be scheduled to run regularly.

nsw9154
23-08-14, 15:41
I don't think that's what he means abu, I think he wants a way to run the Tuner scan from a timer and I don't think that is possible

steveharman
23-08-14, 17:55
I don't think that's what he means abu, I think he wants a way to run the Tuner scan from a timer and I don't think that is possible

You are correct! :-). Either using cron or some such mechanism.

Schedule a re-tune either each day at 4 in the morning or something (and then run ABM afterwards) to catch any channels that change frequency / move about.... Before my other half TELLS me that CBeebies "isn't working" etc. ;-)

Cheers,

Steve

abu baniaz
23-08-14, 18:13
ABM will keep the channels (in the poviders it does) up to date.

steveharman
23-08-14, 18:14
Really? Even if say a channel changes it's frequency? I thought a re-tune would be needed....

Steve

abu baniaz
23-08-14, 18:26
ABM reads the chanenl data off the satellite, so it will keep your channel details up to date.

steveharman
23-08-14, 18:31
Brilliant, sounds like that's what I need!

Cheers,

Steve

Larry-G
23-08-14, 19:16
You are correct! :-). Either using cron or some such mechanism.

Schedule a re-tune either each day at 4 in the morning or something (and then run ABM afterwards) to catch any channels that change frequency / move about.... Before my other half TELLS me that CBeebies "isn't working" etc. ;-)

Cheers,

Steve
That's what ABM is for. There is no need to run a scan prior to using ABM it dies all the work it self and in a fraction of the time a regular scan would take.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk