PDA

View Full Version : strange issue

tbthirty5
22-08-14, 17:55
Hi im currently running an mbtwin on VM FTA all has been fine until recently i started noticing some glitching while using the internet , especially while recording one channel and watching another. This led me to check all the connections and all seemed fine i then started some basic fault finding ie just running one cable at a time changing tuner config etc. The glitching has now got so bad that its almost impossible to watch at times when surfing the net , i should add that i have no torrents running or anything that would stress the connection. I then decided to unplug the box from the net and was suprised to find that the issue still continued. If i just run one cable via tuner A i get no issues whatsoever when i connect to Tuner B the issue returns. I have a 3 way splitter from the main connection and im starting to wonder if that is the problem or is the Tuner faulty?
Ideas/suggestions anyone
cheers

Sicilian
22-08-14, 17:59
Disable Tuner A and connect Tuner B only then test. Use the feed from Tuner A.

tbthirty5
22-08-14, 18:04
yes have tried that same issue tried different cable different plugs etc does it seem odd to you that with the internet disconnected it still happens there is an earth screw on the splitter , should i try grounding it? ive found that ive never had to before.

Sicilian
22-08-14, 18:05
Change the splitter and check coax/f connectors for any shorts.

Sicilian
22-08-14, 18:07
Doubtful its the receiver at fault, you can even disconnect power to the receiver and swap the tuners in the slots.

tbthirty5
22-08-14, 18:08
i will deffo change the splitter although i dont have a spare on me at the mo ill get one tomorrow and test
thank you

nsw9154
22-08-14, 18:12
I would put it down to a faulty or cheap splitter or even a faulty connection lead, I had a similar problem with my LX3 but I fitted a genuine virgin splitter and leads
and now I am getting 99% SNR on BBC News Cable :thumbsup:

tbthirty5
28-08-14, 18:33
ok renewed the splitter and no more problems thanks for all your help guys