PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Miraclebox Mini HD + Twin HD

gunner786
21-08-14, 16:03
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these 2 boxes?

thanks in advance

njd77
21-08-14, 17:01
The mini is a smaller case with no space for an internal hard drive, it also has a fixed sat tuner and an optional second tuner.

The twin HD I understand has 2 swappable tuners for any combination of dual sat or dual cable/terrestial or one each, it also has room for an internal HDD. Not sure if it also has an internal PSU?

Other than that I don't think there's a huge amount more difference.

Joe_90
21-08-14, 18:40
@njd77 - internal PSU in the MB Twin as you said, plus room for a 3.5" HDD. Mine was delivered from WoS with a HDD cable and internal tray. I find it excellent, but the remote is cheap and lets it down - poor layout and "dead" feel to the buttons. Don't know if the same remote is used for both.

nsw9154
21-08-14, 19:14
@njd77 the remote is cheap and lets it down - poor layout and "dead" feel to the buttons.

the same Remote is also used on the LX3 but it seems to respond better than it did with the MB Twin, probably down to the LX3's faster processor

Joe_90
21-08-14, 21:27
No problem for me with the responsiveness on the MB Twin - just the remote is poor, design wise and feel.

mabozza
22-08-14, 01:16
MB Premium Twin has a much faster processor than the Mini & twice the size (maybe not twice but bigger!) both are very stable! I've seen worse remotes with tiny number buttons or buttons that do nowt. Great receivers for price!

valhalla
04-10-14, 15:45
just about to order the mb premium twin , wos will install a third party software free of charge my question is

is there one that stands out from the rest or does it just come down to personal choice

Larry-G
04-10-14, 15:59
Mainly comes down to which image you like the look and feel of best, I would advise you have ViX installed by default then make a full set of image and settings backups. you can flash other images then and use your backups if need be to return back to ViX if the others are not to your liking.