PDA

View Full Version : Software Update

John57
20-08-14, 14:12
Good Afternoon All,

This is my very first message as I need a little help.
I have a VU+Solo 2 since a few weeks and so far extremely happy with this receive using the new VIX/Opollo software.
Today I decided to try do a so called auto update today using the onboard updater and it said there was about 57 updates to do, so it went through the update process and so far (30 minutes) it has not finished, I have vergin broadband 30mg and I am wondering what I should do as it says it is still updating. Any help, suggestion would be really welcome.

Thanks
John.

edevs
20-08-14, 14:19
has it still not updated?
have u backed up pevious image and settings?

Larry-G
20-08-14, 14:41
We would need to know exactly which image it is currently running and the exact build number. some image revisions can not be updated online and require a reflash, if your receiver is using one of these affected versions we will be able to advise further.

John57
20-08-14, 15:37
Hi Edevs & pheonix,
Thank you both so much for replying to my issue, I have now managed to get it working albiet I had to seek help from the great shop where I purchased this unit from.
Even after 30 minutes it had not updated, I was then asked to download the latest build (24) onto a flash stick which I did, managed to do this but did not realise that my system (Mac) would not be able to open the file let alone flash my VU+Solo 2

I now have Build (24) up and running Kernel 3.3.8.

I have a question for future software updates, is my receive not able to update via in the inbuilt software via the internet?
If no then I guess I will have to find a pc and format the usb stick to fat 32 and then use the normal flash process, or is there an option for mac users

Guys, thank you very much for your prompt response, this unit is really, really good and I am totally happy with my purchase.

Regards
John.

Larry-G
20-08-14, 15:41
yes your receiver can use online software updates, but it depends on the image it currently holds. We always announce via this forum and out twitter / face book feeds, as and when a image update is released and if there are issues, such as not using the online update feature.

If in doubt just ask on the forum.

John57
20-08-14, 16:13
Hi Pheonix

Thank you for your response, I am a novice but not afraid to learn, when you state "it depends on the image it currently holds" specifically what does this mean?
Sorry in advance if this is such a basic question

Regards
John.

Larry-G
20-08-14, 16:18
It means the image currently on the receiver.

For example if your receiver had OpenViX Apollo build 015 flashed to it, you would not be able to use the online update feature, If the image was any build after this, there would be no issue using the online update feature (until we state otherwise).

John57
20-08-14, 16:19
Pheonix

Perfect explanation, really appreciate you taking the time to respond, great service, great support.

Kind Regards
John.