PDA

View Full Version : Can’t move dish accurately between sat positions.

raf006
22-11-10, 16:57
Guys

Please need your help because I run out of idea and give up on this box tuning config.
I have Vu+Duo box flashed with VIX latest image and have all satellite list loaded fine but i can’t move between each sat automatically using simple or advance config.
I have followed the following steps into simple
After entering my Lan/log I (51,545 N and .465 W) into Tuner-A go to
1- Sat positioned
2- Tuner(red bottom)
3- Pick the right sat/transport
4- Back to sat direction east/west until find the right Sat.
5- Save position (green bottom) And out to main page. I repeat this to every sat I want to add with different position stored but my dish isn’t moving around when I have select channel on different sat. I know is nothing wrong with my dish because is working fine with old TM-9100.

Any idea what should be the configuration should be? i set Tuner B to not config and tried equal to Tuner A and didn't work too.

Thx

Raf

martyd
22-11-10, 21:50
i assume you aint done this before? i find best way is image, then ftp settings to box dont forget satxml that should get you on the starting blocks

raf006
23-11-10, 11:15
Mate

i have flshed VIX latest image and loaded sat list from the cccam panel. i only need to find the right tunning for my dish to move automatically.

Raf

raf006
24-11-10, 20:51
Guys

Pls help?

kegrka
25-11-10, 00:13
Hi
does your tuner config look like this
configaration mode simple
mode positioner
longitude 001.15 (example)
east
latitude 53.668
north
this is how mind reads in "menu ,service searching, tuner config", not sure but did you tell it to use positioner when you set it up,

robsond90
25-11-10, 14:04
message deleted

robsond90
25-11-10, 14:42
What positioner are you using, raf006? Your original post is ambiguous: if you have a usals motor you should only need to save one satellite position and your lat/long - the motor will then find the other satellite positions by itself. If you have an external positioner and need to set up each position manually (as you appear to be trying to do), then your lat/long coordinates are not needed.

Read the thread here: http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?561-Setting-up-your-VU-with-Motorised-Dish-amp-Seperate-Positioner for detailed instructions on how to set up the receiver with an external positioner - it's very straightforward.

If you have a twin LNB, configure Tuner B with the "second cable ..." option, otherwise set it "equal to A".

Remember to change the "Positioner Storage" number on the Positioner Setup screen before you save each satellite position, otherwise you'll end up with them all configured in the same slot (and hence no movement when you try to switch satellites!)

steve1978
25-11-10, 17:23
Thats what i thought, you have set up the VU box with USALS settings and you are trying to install the satellites manually. this isnt required. if i were you i would reflash your box to standard, input your long and lat and then set the tuner (simple mode as above)

then go to sat scan, single sat 28.2

Go.