PDA

View Full Version : Box Choice??

sticky7
19-08-14, 21:53
Hi, I am sure you guys are sick of this question but I would really appreciate some advice. I am about to buy my first box and based on what I've read here I have narrowed down to 3 options:

1. Gigablue HD800SE+
2. TM-TWIN-OE
3. VU+ Duo

Any views on this?
Will all three do the same or is there any limitations with any?
What size of hard drive do you guys recommend?

Been trolling here for a while so have realised I don't want a clone box and VIX image seems the way forward.

Has anyone regretted buying one of these?

shuggy
19-08-14, 21:59
I have the vuduo , I got mine over 4 years ago and its been used every day since and is still going strong. Fast channel change and great PIC with VIX. Quality build, plus cheap now as I paid just over 350£ back then. So vuduo for me

sticky7
19-08-14, 22:19
Thanks for reply.

Was duo your first box?

Bit worried i'm buying more power than I need.
I am edging toward the duo but the rf out on TM is tempting me for bedroom feed. Is there a better way to feed another room?

judge
19-08-14, 22:50
VU-Duo getting a bit old now.
Site sponsor has the TM-Nano 2 Super a bit cheaper than the Duo, worth looking at too.

cascas1
20-08-14, 08:58
VU-Duo getting a bit old now.
Site sponsor has the TM-Nano 2 Super a bit cheaper than the Duo, worth looking at too.

I am in a similar position,looking for a 2x tuner box (satellite) . I will have a look at the other suggestions. I was considering the Miraclebox Mini HD, or the Technomate Nano-2T. I am tempted by the Technomate, however the Miraclebox does seem to have a faster processor/more memory/ and a swappable second tuner. Is there much advantage of the TM super over the normal nano.

sticky7
20-08-14, 10:30
Is support for the TM 2super as good as support for Vu duo?

Larry-G
20-08-14, 11:57
I am in a similar position,looking for a 2x tuner box (satellite) . I will have a look at the other suggestions. I was considering the Miraclebox Mini HD, or the Technomate Nano-2T. I am tempted by the Technomate, however the Miraclebox does seem to have a faster processor/more memory/ and a swappable second tuner. Is there much advantage of the TM super over the normal nano.

The nano2 and nano2 super are different receivers. The nano-2T is based on the Duo the nano 2 super is based on the Solo2.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

barry2012
25-08-14, 21:13
Was wondering due to crap british weather thinking of going on calbe box due to instablity with thunder and that
dish is crap now with virgin media on fibre...was wondering does anyone now whats best dish conection or fibre plus a
cable box under £200 if thats better:alien:

barry2012
26-08-14, 09:17
I have had the basic technomate nano excellent box never had a problem changing for 2 reasons as in above post and with fibre getting a cable box
dumps dish as with bad weather and gets you hd channels back 152mb into ur box . but would like the option of going back to dish if problems occur
what boxs do that as am still learning

sticky7
26-08-14, 21:42
Will the nano 2 super do everything a solo2 does or is there limitations to buying a cheaper box?

judge
26-08-14, 22:57
Will the nano 2 super do everything a solo2 does or is there limitations to buying a cheaper box?

Nano 2 Super doesn't yet support transcoding & some long press buttons that the Solo2 uses for PiP.
Shouldn't be an issue for most users & hopefully fixed in future drivers.
It also doesn't have a VFD & the remote control doesn't have the same build feel & ease of use as the Solo2 (subjective)...