PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! How to watch and record 2 different channels at the same time...

smoothsamu
19-08-14, 16:05
Hello everyone,

I am new to the "world of satellite", and I am not an expert in receivers, tuners, LNBs, ...

I have recently purchased a Receiver Gigablue HD800 UE Plus, and a satellite dish T-90 with 4 LNBs (1. Eutelsat Hot Bird 13.0E 2. Astra 19.2E 3. Astra 28.2E 4. Eutelsat 16.0E). Each LMB has one port and is connected to one cable, and the 4 cables go to a diseqc switch, whose Exit has only one cable, which goes into the TUNER A of the Gigablue Receiver.

Using an external hard drive (Western Digital - My Book Life), connected via Ethernet, I was able to record channels. But I am not able to watch one channel and record a second one, at the same time. As far as I know, I need a second Tuner (Tuner B), to do so (am I right?). My Gigablue Receiver has only TUNER A, so I need to buy a second tuner.

My question is: once I have 2 Tuners in my Receiver (TUNER A and TUNER B), how do I connect the cables? Is the one cable exiting the "switcher" of the LNBs enough, or do I need a second one?

Could you be so kind and explain to me, what exactly I need, in order to watch and record 2 channels at the same time?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

smoothsamu

nsw9154
19-08-14, 17:23
Hello are your LNB's single or dual as you would need a separate feed going to the switches something like this -- just an example as you have 4 lnb's

s2tephen
19-08-14, 17:29
If you want to watch and record at the same time generally you need 2 tuners
Each tuner will have to be fed with its own cable so
1 x twin Lnb
2 cables to the tuners
2 tuners installed into the receiver.

Other way if you can only get one cable to receiver,

1 x twin Lnb
1 x Stacker De-stacker ( Google it or maybe on sponsor's site ? )
2 x tuners installed into receiver

smoothsamu
19-08-14, 18:30
Thank you!

@s2tephen: If i use the solution #2, with the Stacker De-stacker, can I use the 1-port LNBs that I already have?

smoothsamu
19-08-14, 18:32
@nsw91654 My LNBs are single (have only 1 port). Does it mean if I want two tuners I need to change the LNBs,and get dual LNBs? Thank you for your answer

abu baniaz
19-08-14, 19:17
With one port, teh LNb can only be conencted to one device, be it a tuner or diseq switch. So yes, you will need to have twin port lnbs for the other tuner.

The receiver usually uses the tuner with the list available options, i.e leaves greater number of options available. If you main viewing/recording was on 28.2, then only that LNB needs to be twin port. You can conenct it to Tuner B directly.

If your recording was on mre than one sat, then you would need multi port lnbs connected to an extra diseqc switch. The output from diseqc switch will go to the 2nd tuner.

smoothsamu
19-08-14, 20:05
@abu baniaz Thank you so much for your explanation. I have finally understood how it works! Thanks!