PDA

View Full Version : (help needed on motor)

lennyirl
16-08-14, 11:01
**just realised didn't have a good topic description can't edit it..

HI lads, I have a solo2, have black hole image(not the latest yet) version 2, I know this forum seems to be mainly vix but this is the one I have been reading the last while
anyway, I currently have 3 sats on my providers
13 19 & 28

if I go from 28 to 19 on my sat, the motor moves, if i go to 19 to 13 it moves, but when I try to go back to 28 it fails to move..
I do have to go into sat finger and manually select it to 28, why is this don't think this ever happened before?

now my settings, I have the motor going into lnb1 I have tuner a set to simple & positioner, have my location set 005.100 east & 050.767 north(Im in dublin) and for tuner b I have equal to tuner a
The funny thing is I think its something to do with defaut service lists, 19 & 13 (which are set to no) are there but 28 isn't could this be the problem?

also another problem is I can't seem to download anything form within the box itsself from the download manager, addons etc. it seems like it downloads and say its installed x ammount with 0 errors but they don't seem to be there, could there be some admin setting on the box somewere

any ideas or do you need any screen shots on settings or anything? thanks for reading

lennyirl
16-08-14, 11:23
ok, so I have updated the box to the latest blackhole and start off from fresh...
the only cam I have on it ie the default cam(not sure if this will make a difference on scanning,
the dish can moveI have it set to simple(it think its on 28.8, and when I scan i see canal+ and that coming up on the scan so its not pointing at the 28.8)
when I go into sat finder tuner is set to
manual transponder
SNR about 45%
AGC 82%
ber 0%
and its locked
sat 28.8
system:dvb-s
freq 11836
inversion auto
symbol rate 27500
polarisation horizontal
fec auto
, I have an option of lots of sats, and I can move it any deg I want and its locking, as far as I can see this option is only for viewing locks and has not option to save or anything

Joe_90
16-08-14, 18:29
If you are in Dublin (Ireland :)) your latitude and longitude settings are a bit off - somewhere in eastern Belgium I think! Dublin would be 53.3N and 6.23W (not E).

If you have done your initial motor alignment with these settings you're never going to get accurate tracking. I would suggest you align the motor/dish on 5W initially and get peak signal quality on this sat. It has some very strong transponders so is easy to locate as it's practically due south from Dublin. With USALS, you can do your initial alignment on any satellite, but I've found that it is easier for troubleshooting to do the initial setup on the due south satellite.

With a motorised setup, you need to go into tuner setup and choose the satellite you want to scan and set it for USALS.

lennyirl
16-08-14, 20:09
hye tony, I thought I had put another post up, i had report this topic to be deleted, I got sorted.
the dish was lined up properly so I knew that it was not possible to loose a sat, but yea combined with having the wrong settings location ins( i set it to 06.300 & 053.300, ah it was down to a couple of software issues also, as with all these things, just scanning in my last sat so I think I'm back to norm. thanks fo the reply :)

Joe_90
17-08-14, 12:05
No bother, but mind your setting is 6.30 W or -6.30 (not +6.30, which is 6.30E though!). It will work with the wrong longitude settings, it's just that your zero position on the motor won't be due south. It's handy for me to set up as the back of my house faces due south exactly.

Larry-G
17-08-14, 13:48
hye tony, I thought I had put another post up, i had report this topic to be deleted, I got sorted.

you did but if we deleted all such threads it would not have helped any one who came across the same problem at a later date, this way users can in future refer to this thread and it may help them in resolving their own issues.

abu baniaz
17-08-14, 14:09
Also, this is not correct if you only have one motor. You have told it that you have a exactly same type of hardware connected to tuner B as you have to tuner A. Receiver now thinks you have two motors.

for tuner b I have equal to tuner a

Joe_90
17-08-14, 20:00
Hi abu, had spotted the issue with the tuner config, but I thought he should get his motor config sorted initially, then we could look at loopthrough - OP needs to get the motor line-up right first. He seems to have it sorted, so we'll probably never know.

lennyirl
18-08-14, 14:32
No bother, but mind your setting is 6.30 W or -6.30 (not +6.30, which is 6.30E though!). It will work with the wrong longitude settings, it's just that your zero position on the motor won't be due south. It's handy for me to set up as the back of my house faces due south exactly.

Hi Tony, the settings I have on my dish are 06.300 WEST & 053.000 North, are these correct? the dish has no problem locating the 3 main sats I am after, 13, 19, 28

Also, this is not correct if you only have one motor. You have told it that you have a exactly same type of hardware connected to tuner B as you have to tuner A. Receiver now thinks you have two motors.

I think I may had my settings for tuner b set to "same as tuner a" and I had read on somewhere here of someone saying that having that setting was wrong as the system thinks it has 2 motors, so that's why I changed it to"equal to" but that name does sound wrong. what option should I have for tuner b? "loop through" is it

Hi abu, had spotted the issue with the tuner config, but I thought he should get his motor config sorted initially, then we could look at loopthrough - OP needs to get the motor line-up right first. He seems to have it sorted, so we'll probably never know.

are you employing that because I am up and running now that I won't return??? :wave:
been more of a reader on this forum to be honest don't really have much help to give to people!

abu baniaz
18-08-14, 14:39
Not all images support internal loop through, but that is what it should be. Best to try and see. Loop through is better than not using tuner.

Larry-G
18-08-14, 14:58
are you employing that because I am up and running now that I won't return??? :wave:
been more of a reader on this forum to be honest don't really have much help to give to people!

sadly that is quite common on forums such as this, once a user gets the help they need, they tend not to come back until they again need help, thankfully it is not always the case. and dont fool your self, I bet you have more to contribute than you may think.

lennyirl
18-08-14, 15:04
Not all images support internal loop through, but that is what it should be. Best to try and see. Loop through is better than not using tuner.

I am using black hole, the setting I have always used is the "equal to" and I have been able to record a channel while watching another channel no problem(both been on the same satellite though) don't think I'll ever record and watch something on a different sat at the same time... I may try the loopthrough and see if that works,

abu baniaz
18-08-14, 15:07
Do you have anything connected to second tuner?

lennyirl
18-08-14, 15:18
I am not too sure what you mean?
I have a solo2, tuner a goes to the motor(which then goes to the lnb) and tuner b goes directly to the lnb on the same dish?
would the option I have be anything to do that I can't seem to rewind live tv? but I can pause it no problem

Larry-G
18-08-14, 15:24
In that case tuner B should be set to "second cable from a motor" or words to that affect.

nsw9154
18-08-14, 15:27

now that's something that I have been meaning to ask abu but never seem to get round to it, is it better to use an external loop through cable or is it just the same using the internal loop through, I have a 100 metre reel of RG6 cable and 50 connectors that I purchased from the sponsors would I be wasting my time making a few loop through cables to connect my 2 tuners that are using internal loop through :confused:

or do they both do the same job

Larry-G
18-08-14, 15:31
For tuners that support internal loopthrough you have no need to use external cables.

lennyirl
18-08-14, 15:32
In that case tuner B should be set to "second cable from a motor" or words to that affect.

Yea I think that's what it says.
I'll change that setting later so

Joe_90
18-08-14, 15:58
I am not too sure what you mean?
I have a solo2, tuner a goes to the motor(which then goes to the lnb) and tuner b goes directly to the lnb on the same dish?
would the option I have be anything to do that I can't seem to rewind live tv? but I can pause it no problem
Do you have a twin (or quad) LNB on the dish? If so, you can set tuner B to "second cable of motorised LNB", so that it knows that tuner B is on the same sat as tuner A and will allow you full flexibility to record multiple channels.
Loopthrough is only used when you have one physical cable attachment but have two tuners and would allow you a bit more flexibility than using one tuner. But if you have two cables, then "second cable of motorised" is the option to use (providing your blackhole image supports it). If you are using "equal to", then the box software would think you had two separate motors and would try to control them both independently.
There's no issue in giving support to you, but we need to know how the issue got resolved so that others who search the forums can benefit from the solution.

- edit - I see pheonix gave you the answer already. I had started a reply but went off to my multi-tuner box to check the wording and got sidetracked for 20 mins :)

lennyirl
18-08-14, 16:32
Do you have a twin (or quad) LNB on the dish? If so, you can set tuner B to "second cable of motorised LNB", so that it knows that tuner B is on the same sat as tuner A and will allow you full flexibility to record multiple channels.
Loopthrough is only used when you have one physical cable attachment but have two tuners and would allow you a bit more flexibility than using one tuner. But if you have two cables, then "second cable of motorised" is the option to use (providing your blackhole image supports it). If you are using "equal to", then the box software would think you had two separate motors and would try to control them both independently.
There's no issue in giving support to you, but we need to know how the issue got resolved so that others who search the forums can benefit from the solution.

- edit - I see pheonix gave you the answer already. I had started a reply but went off to my multi-tuner box to check the wording and got sidetracked for 20 mins :)

I have a quad lnb tony
I think what solved my problem was the factory reset, and I did not select the wizard to set it up for initial installation, that combined with the wrong location(which was throwing me off after I did the reboot with only finding a few stations.
I will check the box later to see what options there is that I can use for tuner b. thanks for the replies lads

abu baniaz
19-08-14, 01:45
Picture of your setup?

lennyirl
19-08-14, 14:03
yep, the is the same picture of my setup
and yesterday evening, I changed tuner b settings to "second cable of motorized LNB1"