PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Sources] UK Open TV not loading

aidanboland
16-08-14, 10:44
Hi guys,

Having major issue with loading an EPG on my Vu+ Duo Box. I have it set up according to all the guidelines but when I go to load the EPG from SkyUK Open Tv (Astra2 on 28.2), it says "Starting Download" and then the word "Loading" flashes up for about half a second before disappearing, and no EPG loads. Where am I going wrong? It seems like there is nothing there to load?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

john doe
16-08-14, 10:58
Is the open tv providers ticked with a green icon? Try to press yellow which is download. Or go back one step and go to download now and restart box

aidanboland
16-08-14, 11:01
Is the open tv providers ticked with a green icon? Try to press yellow which is download. Or go back one step and go to download now and restart box

Yeah, the green tick icon is there. Clicking on download just produces the same result, "starting to download" and then a brief flash of loading before nothing. Restarting the box hasn't had an effect :-(.

john doe
16-08-14, 11:12
Have you recently. Flashed the box? Try to download cross epg and see if this works. There is a tutorial on here somewhere

john doe
16-08-14, 11:13
Are you saving epg on hdd or usb

aidanboland
16-08-14, 11:50
Are you saving epg on hdd or usb

Do you mean download a plugin for crossepg? I'm saving it on a USB key that is being used as an auxilary drive. As of yesterday I was able to download an EPG from alternate sources, but the problem was that for most channels it just had the same show (MTV TRAX - 24HOUR MUSIC) on the whole time. It got some channels right. Now I'm using just the SkyUK Open TV source to try and get it right.

john doe
16-08-14, 12:10
Don't download plugin! Go to epg in setup- system and epg. Go to cross epg don't tick anything in xmltv, open tv should be sky uk open tv green tick , press download if you use vix it's yellow button and should start to download. Let it finish. Now go to update xepgdb and rate providers and press ok. Go down to download now and update it and should work. If not try other USB . I normally install to hdd

Larry-G
16-08-14, 12:48
which image are you actually using ?

aidanboland
16-08-14, 16:40
Don't download plugin! Go to epg in setup- system and epg. Go to cross epg don't tick anything in xmltv, open tv should be sky uk open tv green tick , press download if you use vix it's yellow button and should start to download. Let it finish. Now go to update xepgdb and rate providers and press ok. Go down to download now and update it and should work. If not try other USB . I normally install to hdd

It worked! Thanks very much! :-)

Drsayus
15-09-14, 16:58
Hi

Im a complete newbie on this forum, so sorry if how i explain this doesnt make much sense!! Or if I am in the wrong forum room!!

I have a vu duo, version apollo, build 025 with the blueHD v3.1 skin setup.

For some reason though, i cannot get the cross epg to work since i have had this update. Any ideas on what i need to do? I have added a picture to show my issue.

Cheers for any help.

abu baniaz
15-09-14, 17:41
Hi

Im a complete newbie on this forum, so sorry if how i explain this doesnt make much sense!! Or if I am in the wrong forum room!!

I have a vu duo, version apollo, build 025 with the blueHD v3.1 skin setup.

For some reason though, i cannot get the cross epg to work since i have had this update. Any ideas on what i need to do? I have added a picture to show my issue.

Cheers for any help.

You are in the right section. Well done for searching.

Would be better for you to post the epg settings you have used. Section 4 of the Vix guide deals with EPG, should you reguire it
http://openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/VIX%20Manual%20Vs%201.1.pdf

Drsayus
15-09-14, 21:47
Thank you so much!! That guide has worked a treat!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: