PDA

View Full Version : vu solo2 or the new vu solo se

marty1
14-08-14, 12:17
Gonna buy new box which of the 2 would be the best to go for. as my dm800se has packed in.
no more clones for me im gonna buy an original this time

DaMacFunkin
14-08-14, 12:57
Depends what you want, solo2 has 2 sat tuners, solo se can have either 1 sat tuner or 1 cable tuner, solo2 has 3 USB ports se has only 1. Solo2 could theoretically take 3 USB tuners, se only 1.

marty1
14-08-14, 13:47
Not really worried about tuners as I will be hooking it up to my motorized 1m dish
Just want the best box for all plugins like ts media etc...fast and stable with the best future support thx for ur reply m8 and maybe to run meoboot as I did on my dm800se..

bassethound
14-08-14, 14:31
there is no vix Vu+Solo-SE image yet

Larry-G
19-08-14, 09:41
Personally I would rather go with the Solo2, if for no other reason than it has two DVB-S/S2 tuners where as the Solo SE can only accommodate a single tuner.

Support is not going to be a issue with either of these receivers, The Vu+ range has the same if not better levels of support than the DM range do.

nsw9154
19-08-14, 13:07
yep Solo2 is one of the best and fast

marty1
19-08-14, 14:35
Thanks for all your advice think my minds made up the solo2 it is for me.1 other question can I ftp my channels list I had saved for my dm800se onto the solo2 via dreambox edit cause it has all my motorized channel settings. And I dont fancy starting from scratch again cheers marty..

Larry-G
19-08-14, 15:00
Thanks for all your advice think my minds made up the solo2 it is for me.1 other question can I ftp my channels list I had saved for my dm800se onto the solo2 via dreambox edit cause it has all my motorized channel settings. And I dont fancy starting from scratch again cheers marty..

That depends on the image you are running on your receiver at present and weather it is a OE 1.6 or OE 2.0 based image.

I did see a post else where a few days ago that may help you, have a read below and see if it helps.

@Mickha

Navigate to /etc/enigma2/ in your old image,here you will find a file called settings.

FTP this to your desktop.

Open this file using Notepad++ and copy all of the lines starting with config.NIMS and then paste them into the same settings file on your new image,overwiting the new ones contained there.
Reboot and you will have all of your stored Vbox II satellite positions back.(jotting them down and adding them back manually is a pain lol)

The rest of this file contains other settings for plugins ect and for general image settings,these can be added later too,if you are going to install the same plugin again into your new image.

Always keep a backup of this file on your pc as its really helpfull to have one.A backup of your fstab file is also a good idea too as this contains all of your mount info,including internal and external hdd UUID's and all swap file info.Adding your old fstab file back to any new image stops the need for having to create new mounts and swap files.This file is located in /etc

This info applies to all images and its always a great idea to have these two files backed up as it makes flashing new images so much easier.

there are plugins that save these files,including the advanced settings in most images,but i find it so much easier and better to have them manually saved on my pc.

This will do for now,but be aware there are other important files that are worth saving as well,such as all your network settings,but i dont want to make this post too long and containing to much info as it may then confuse people.

Ian.

marty1
19-08-14, 18:30
My current image is a oe 2
0 image... tsimage 3.0 by ramimaher thanks m8 for that helpful post...