PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to the Vu+ Solo2

damienmcguigan
12-08-14, 17:16
Hello,

I have recently moved house and to my surprise my new house has a satellite dish pre-installed with dual LNB to the living room.

I am thinking about getting a linux satellite receiver and was wondering which ones people recommend? In the past I have owned a dreambox and I seriously thought about a Solo2 but just never got around to it.
Cost would be the main issue for me so I am looking for something in the budget range and my order of preference in terms of features would be:

1 - HD as well as SD tuner
2 - Pause/Record functionality
3 - Record one channel while watching another

I am not sure if this is the best location to post this but any recommendations you guys would have would be much appreciated as I have not been too involved in satellite receivers over the last year or two.

thanks

john doe
12-08-14, 17:28
I've a solo2 that I bought for £289 these have dropped in price and you won't be disappointed with it.

Mr. Mister
12-08-14, 18:04
Gigablue Quad+

And all for around the £259.00 mark.. >>>HERE<<< (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Gigablue-HD-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receivers/GiGaBlue-HD-QUAD-PLUS-Linux-Enigma-2-HD-PVR-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-2-DVB-S-S2-2-C-T-T2-cable-satellite-terrestrial)

You can also add another 2 tuners So thats 4 in total.. Best STB on the market in my opinion..

nsw9154
12-08-14, 20:46
Gigablue Quad+

You can also add another 2 tuners So thats 4 in total.. Best STB on the market in my opinion..

also try out the Golden Interstar Xspeed LX3 :D