PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Picture in Graphic not filling frame

antwan
12-08-14, 12:12
Hi peeps
I have a TM twin OE running the latest Apollo image.

The epg runs and updates fine but there is just one niggling problem I've found and was wondering if any one else has the same issue.

As the title suggest when pressing the epg button the graphic does not fill the frame there is a black bar to the left and a slightly narrow one on the bottom.

when using openwebf to try to capture the prob the screen shows the PIG filling the frame .

maybe a set up issue its not a big problem but just niggly.
any advise apreciated

judge
12-08-14, 12:32
It's due to overscan being enabled on your TV.

antwan
12-08-14, 13:41
Thanks judge
tried changing P size on tv ( just scan, 16:9, wide zoom, zoom and 4:3) but does't get rid of the black bars in the graphic.
please note I am referring to the black bars only being in the graphic.

Joe_90
12-08-14, 14:46
If it was an overscan problem, the graphic would more than fill the screen and you wouldn't be able to see the edges of the frame (clock at top, coloured buttons at bottom, icons on the left, etc.). Ideally your TV should be set to exact scan or pixel perfect or whatever the term used in your particular TV to eliminate overscan. Then go into your Menu/System/User Interface/Position Setup and adjust the width, height and position of your on screen display (OSD). Assuming you're using the HDMI interface on a HD or HD ready display, the width should be 720 or thereabouts and the height should be 576. This is a standard SD display area which is scaled up by your TV to the 1920x1080 display area of a full HD screen. I'm assuming you're using the standard built-in ViX skin.

abu baniaz
12-08-14, 14:57
We have this issue already reported in the development section. Not just a TM issue. I have highlighted in green, the area that is meant. As per above post, the screen capture does not show issue.

Joe_90
12-08-14, 15:39
There was an issue like you describe, abu, in previous images all right, but is perfect on the Quad Plus in 023. I thought the OP had a more generalised issue where the OSD did not fit the TV frame. Just easily niggled, then :D

antwan
12-08-14, 17:35
Thanks fat-tony
you are spot on altered the "position set up" as you said and presto result this is default setting.
I was trying to set it so, on my TV , I did not have to select 'just scan' pic size every time from switch on
If it was on any default setting 16:9 the epg was too big for the screen. this is a Samsung 42" hd tv albeit a few years old now.

Thanks again excellent support.

Joe_90
12-08-14, 23:12
Cool result @antwan. The default setting in the image should suit a TV with no overscan. Unfortunately, most TVs are supplied with overscan set and therefore the default ViX image will be bigger than the screen and most users will have to reduce the ViX OSD settings unless they know how to set their TVs to "exact scan" or "just scan".

judge
12-08-14, 23:25
This happens on all E2 boxes, all E2 images & all TVs I've used. The more the E2 OSD position setup has to be adjusted, the more obvious the issue is.
Best solution is to find a way to disable overscan on your TV, if you can't, you have to live with this minor niggle...