PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] A strange problem with DVB-C tuner

leppto
11-08-14, 19:38
A strange problem with the second DVB-C (in my setup D tuner) tuner: it can not tune some channels (eg. Kutonen, LIV, AVA, these are all Finnish channels), but other channels tunes without problems. In those channels, the SNR / AGC values are 0%, channels that do tune values are 59/74%.

Another of the same type tuner (in my setup C tuner) tunes all channels without any problems and SNR / AGC values are 87/74%.

Does someone more experienced have any thoughts of repairing?

Box is Gigablue Quad, satellite tuners disabled, and Vix is Apollo 023, which is upgraded without restoring settings.

leppto
12-08-14, 06:25
I got some ideas from Finnish "support" board: after the investigations, it seems that the signal strengths are the cause of my problem. I try to add an active signal amplifier in front of my tuners ....

penfolduk
12-08-14, 08:29
i had same problem with my miraclebox twin turned out to be my splitter, i change and not had a problem since

DaMacFunkin
12-08-14, 11:29
Active splitter will cure it mate.

Joe_90
12-08-14, 16:04
There shouldn't be a signal problem with cable tv (unless caused by bad splitter or other household issue, possibly poor cable quality or joins in the cable). The supplier of the cable tv service should ensure adequate signal level at the service point. Adding an amplifier to DVB-C service could cause overload issues on other channels. If it's a DVB-T service (using an antenna), then it's a different issue and could be due to signal problems.

jukkal
12-08-14, 19:19
A strange problem with the second DVB-C (in my setup D tuner) tuner: it can not tune some channels (eg. Kutonen, LIV, AVA, these are all Finnish channels), but other channels tunes without problems.
I saw the same problem with my VU+ Ultimo with three tuners chained together with jumper cables borrowed from old receivers, and also the TV chained after the last tuner of the Ultimo. Also the Fox channel was missing. It turned out that the connection of the cables was not perfect, pulling them out and putting back in fixed the problem for a while. Then it happened again when my dear wife had touched the cables when wiping dust..
I bought new cables to replace the old ones, and also a splitter where each tuner can be plugged directly without chaining, and the problem disappeared and hasn't appeared after that.