PDA

View Full Version : USALS problem VUduo

psionguy
11-08-14, 08:06
I have been using my motorised system for some years and have recently noticed a drop in signal, so I thought I would attempt to tweek using the positioner settings. I have a fixed dish for 28e, and a motorised for the remaining satellites. I tried different latitude and longitude settings and somehow managed to completely mess my settings up, now it will not lock on any satellite. I have put back my original settings, did not work, I also have done a re flash with a backup, all efforts have failed to resolve. It is possible to move the dish within the positioner setup menu and lock onto my reference satellite 1 west, but there appears to be no may to store within USALS, which was surprise to me. I must assume the only way it can be fixed is to get the ladder out and do a manual move of the dish, or attempt to adjust the difference via the latitude and longitude settings, which could take forever to do. Has anyone had experience of this problem that could offer some assistance. For information I am using the current Vix image Apollo 0.23.

abu baniaz
11-08-14, 11:35
You cannot store positions using USALS. Best to tweak dish position.

StuBFrost
11-08-14, 11:54
After you put the original lat/longs in, did you do a "goto 0" to reset the dish ?

Alec
11-08-14, 12:01
I have been using my motorised system for some years and have recently noticed a drop in signal, so I thought I would attempt to tweek using the positioner settings. I have a fixed dish for 28e, and a motorised for the remaining satellites. I tried different latitude and longitude settings and somehow managed to completely mess my settings up, now it will not lock on any satellite. I have put back my original settings, did not work, I also have done a re flash with a backup, all efforts have failed to resolve. It is possible to move the dish within the positioner setup menu and lock onto my reference satellite 1 west, but there appears to be no may to store within USALS, which was surprise to me. I must assume the only way it can be fixed is to get the ladder out and do a manual move of the dish, or attempt to adjust the difference via the latitude and longitude settings, which could take forever to do. Has anyone had experience of this problem that could offer some assistance. For information I am using the current Vix image Apollo 0.23.

You could put it in advance settings, and take it out of USALS, and go to Sat finder and see if you can obtain a lock on a chosen Sat.

psionguy
11-08-14, 12:13
You cannot store positions using USALS. Best to tweak dish position.

I think this may be the only solution, seems strange that there is no facility to store a reference point within in USALS.

psionguy
11-08-14, 12:16
After you put the original lat/longs in, did you do a "goto 0" to reset the dish ?

I am sure I try this and it did not work for me, somehow I have managed to move the dish off my reference point, so now dish moves but never on a satellite, but will give it another try.

abu baniaz
11-08-14, 12:17
The reference point is the coordinates.

You can compensate for misalignment by altering co-ords.

psionguy
11-08-14, 12:20
You could put it in advance settings, and take it out of USALS, and go to Sat finder and see if you can obtain a lock on a chosen Sat.

This is worth a try, I assume do what you suggest and then put it back into USALS and see if it keeps in the position. I wonder if anyone has managed to resolve this issue using this method?

psionguy
11-08-14, 12:25
The reference point is the coordinates.

You can compensate for misalignment by altering co-ords.

Yes I have considered this, but I have no way of knowing how far the dish is out, from memory I got a lock when I moved the dish east, but this could be difficult to calculate.

psionguy
11-08-14, 14:55
Thanks chaps for your help, appreciated. In the end it had to be the ladder, not the best weather to do the job, but all fixed now.