PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Dish

digicoke
10-08-14, 18:45
All,

I have a tree which is starting to obstruct my satellite dish frequency and wanted to re-wire and possibly re-locate it to another position. Can someone advise the best route I should take to do this please?

Also if i wanted a standard UK Dish where can I purchase this from?

Thanks

digicoke
10-08-14, 19:58
Hi all,

I found the following from another post:
"SNR = Signal to Noise Ratio - which means signal quality
AGC = Automatic Gain Control - which means signal strength
BER = Bit Error Rate - which shows the error rate of the signal"

My SNR is very low on most channels to around 45%

I have never had an issue with the signal quality before but at the moment most channels freeze a lot because of this

how can i check my LNB to see if this is a problem?

I have the VIX image installed

I would be grateful for any help

Stanman
10-08-14, 20:12
Got shitty weather at the moment and that could be an issue

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

satmanbasil
10-08-14, 22:28
If the tree belongs to a neighbour why not ask them to trim it down, my neighbour planted what should have been a shrub but due to neglet its starting to form into a tree I will ask him to trim it or i will as my dish was onsite before he planted his strub. You also have a right to trim the tree if it grows over your boarder.

digicoke
17-08-14, 18:43
Thanks - I am not 100% sure whether it is my LNB, Satellite Dish or the Tree. The tree has grown but only very fractionally and i have never had issues before.

I have an installed dish which was installed pre 2000 so this is fairly old. I have a new technomate LNB however it is not compatible with this old dish so I cannot change LNB to check.

Is there another way for me to check whether the LNB or dish is at fault?

nsw9154
17-08-14, 19:16
what type of Dish is it -a standard sky mini dish are 10 a penny, have you checked the connections to the LNB with it being an old set up water could have got in or it could be faulty cable connector

another thought the dish could have got blown out of line as well
the same thing happened to me not long ago so I got the ladders out and hardly had to move it to get full signal again as the margins are so fine